Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a suggestion of how to remove a spinning stud out of a Endura bumper. It was spinning inside the bumper when I tried to get the nut off, so I ended cutting off the nut with a die grinder. Now I have to figure out how to get the stud out of the Urethane bumper and put a new one in with the urethane repair material.

I could grind it out, but I am afraid of ruining the bumper.

·
Registered
1967 400/400
451 Posts
Does anybody have a suggestion of how to remove a spinning stud out of a Endura bumper. It was spinning inside the bumper when I tried to get the nut off, so I ended cutting off the nut with a die grinder. Now I have to figure out how to get the stud out of the Urethane bumper and put a new one in with the urethane repair material.

I could grind it out, but I am afraid of ruining the bumper.
Without pictures, it's hard to say how to remove it best. However, assuming that you can simply yank it out, then you can repair all plastic and urethane surfaces, using most any 5 minute epoxy and fiberglass repair tape (used for sheet rock).

I've done complete professional repairs on sport bikes, C3 Corvette dashes, wheel well inserts, and endura bumpers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts