Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I need to replace the oil pan on my 69 Lemans Convertible 350 V8 so it looks like I am going to remove the engine from the car. Any suggestions on other maintenance that I should consider while I have the engine removed? Any performance enhancements I should consider at the same time? I have already replaced the intake manifold and installed a 4 barrel carburetor. Other than the oil leak from the pan, car is running well. Thanks everyone for your input, it is really appreciated.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I need to replace the oil pan on my 69 Lemans Convertible 350 V8 so it looks like I am going to remove the engine from the car. Any suggestions on other maintenance that I should consider while I have the engine removed? Any performance enhancements I should consider at the same time? I have already replaced the intake manifold and installed a 4 barrel carburetor. Other than the oil leak from the pan, car is running well. Thanks everyone for your input, it is really appreciated.
Install a new oil pump & aftermarket hardened oil pump shaft while the pan is off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts