Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought Id share this story with you because it is rather funny.

Today I was driving down the highway (only having the car for about 3 days now) and all of the sudden my engine light pops up. Im like wtf? I go up to autozone for them to read the code, and apparently my gas cap wasnt on properly when I filled up with gas. Besides being embarrased I was quite relieved at the same time.

Not much, but I thought Id tell ya anyway.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I thought Id share this story with you because it is rather funny.

Today I was driving down the highway (only having the car for about 3 days now) and all of the sudden my engine light pops up. Im like wtf? I go up to autozone for them to read the code, and apparently my gas cap wasnt on properly when I filled up with gas. Besides being embarrased I was quite relieved at the same time.

Not much, but I thought Id tell ya anyway.
Bro, that's a big Homer Simpson "dout", I wouldn't share that story with my wife let alone the forum.... :willy:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bet that is a pretty common mistake if you've never had a car with the option. Glad you posted this so whenever I do get my goat I won't do that same.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I had the same thing happen. I read the code myself with my DiabloSport Predator programmer. Had to get online to found out what the hell it meant, and went outside, tightened the cap, unhooked the battery for about 5 minutes, and haven't seen the light since. I hate our gas caps and how they rotate only about an 1/8 turn then click click click. Other then that, Goats absolutely RULE.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Actually, it can happen on any modern car because its a closed loop vapor recovery system assiociated with the emmissions control system. First time I'd seen it, happened to my wife on her 87 Cav Z-24 in 1987,,,,, this is old stuff in the modern era of engine emmission control and supprised you guys are cherry boys.... Sorry for the Mo Howard type poke in the eye I gave ya in my 1st reply, we all find out about the gas cap tightness at some point.:eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts