Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on an 05 that I test drove that the driver's side engine cover said "LS2," but on the 05 that I bought, it says "GTO" on both sides of the engine and there is a sticker that says "LS2" on the throttle body. I am guessing this has to do with build dates and for some reason they switched at some point, but does anyone know what I am talking about?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I promise I am not making this up. In Round Rock, TX at Maxwell Pontiac, they had a black 05 two weeks ago with "LS2" in red lettering on the driver's side engine cover. The lettering was the same size at the "GTO" lettering (ie, very large).

They may still have it. I will call and check and if they do, I will take a picture.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I called and asked the dealer if they still had it, but it's been sold. I asked the dealer if they recalled what was on the engine cover, but he couldn't confirm either way. So unless the person that bought that car during the week of 03/13 - 03/19 reads this thread, it will remain a mystery. :confused

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.