Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so my wife and I want to drive home from Texas to Massachusetts when I go on leave this June. I'm looking into some high mileage full synthetic 5w 30 engine oil and I don't know whether to go with Castrol mobile Ames or red line. is there another oil that will suit this purpose better? I plan on doing an oil change in Texas before I leave and Massachusetts before I leave to go back to Texas. And I'll probably get a K&N oil filter every time I do an oil change.

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you!

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Okay so my wife and I want to drive home from Texas to Massachusetts when I go on leave this June. I'm looking into some high mileage full synthetic 5w 30 engine oil and I don't know whether to go with Castrol mobile Ames or red line. is there another oil that will suit this purpose better? I plan on doing an oil change in Texas before I leave and Massachusetts before I leave to go back to Texas. And I'll probably get a K&N oil filter every time I do an oil change.

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you!
Stick with a high quality SAE synthetic as dictated in the manual and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
It makes zero difference. Buy cheap stuff and call it a day if your an LS1. LS2 needs synthetic I believe. Mobil 1 is affordable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts