Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
Curious, why not Pontiac Metallic Blue?, I think that is the prettiest color of any engine I have ever seen.
Orange is Chevy that color IMO is horrid.
Ford, naaaaaaa

Looking to compliment the exterior and interior ..... Silver?

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
maybe silver. i was wondering about red too. and i despise Pontiac blue (no offence) i just think its ugly. and whats IMO?
(IMO= In My Opinion)

No offense taken... I am not a fan of the Robin Egg Blue but the Blue metallic is IMO the nicest color I have ever seen especially with the ceramic finish.

Silver will really show the grime but to accent your colors not may other colors that will do that. Love to see pics when its all gussied up.

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
its black right now. maybe a dark silver?
Hey Tyler, I too love the Pontiac metallic blue - but you know? It's your car and your cash, so paint it any way you think looks good and don't make any apologies for having done so. That's one of the things that puts Pontiac folks a cut above the rest. If I wanted to do everything "the same way everyone else does it", I'd buy a (cough, spit) Chevy. :rofl:

Bear

·
Registered
220 Posts
It would undoubtedly get filthy, but I must suggest that white would look good against your red.

As the others said, the pontiac blue is soooo puss, but if it doesn't light your fire, there's no point in us carrying on about it.:rofl:

·
Registered
173 Posts
From a strictly "functional" POV, silver is a bad idea. It reflects heat. The heat is INSIDE, not outside. White isn't much better. For that matter, neither is the traditional performance color for the Pontiac, the metallic blue. Black is "best" for function, not necessarily appearance. BUT... With brass expansion plugs "clear coated", black can be VERY "pretty".

Jim

·
Registered
686 Posts
IH red on the block and all black on the valve covers and ACC brackets is cool. Done a couple like that. But Pontiac metallic blue from 1970 and chrome or black accent is a super cool combo. Have they made PMB in high heat for POR or Powdercoat yet?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Picture of the back? You want to "show me"? I'm quite sure it's quicker than my '88 Fiero... :)- You DO know, we have an "alky" Pontiac, too, right? Dirty Bird.

No, dude. I recall seeing such a blown GTO at a show or two. Perhaps we've crossed paths.

Jim

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Picture of the back? You want to "show me"? I'm quite sure it's quicker than my '88 Fiero... :)- You DO know, we have an "alky" Pontiac, too, right? Dirty Bird.

No, dude. I recall seeing such a blown GTO at a show or two. Perhaps we've crossed paths.

Jim
Very cool. No sorry I had no idea, Dirty Bird is one badass ride, I love vintage style funny's.

My car is just a lil street peeler and I honestly don't make it to too many shows. Maybe this year since I just got it going after a two year hiatus. If I do see you out I'll for sure stop and say hi! :cheers

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
and some more:)

the last picture i took when i was 14 and first put the motor in the car.( with lots of help from my dad) lol

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts