Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Happy Monday! :rolleyes:
So this will sound crazy and really I am ok with crazy. As some may or may not know I am going with parchment interior with carousel red insets. I have been torn on what to do in the engine compartment. Rachel is not wild about Pontiac light blue metallic engine paint, and honestly I want a little more POW under the hood too.

So I was thinking today, and now I am wondering. Does anyone make a nice pearl white high heat ceramic engine paint? Oh and in addition to that maybe even a carousel red?

I might like white block and heads with carousel red highlights. On a black firewall, compartment and frame.

So...anybody know of any place that has or can make custom engine paints?

Thanks as always!
:cheers

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Carousel red is same as chevy orange so yes....true pearl is a special paint process, could check the paint store and see if they will mix a high heat paint? and be forewarned if you are going with iron heads ANY color short of black will discolor around the exhaust ports, our motors are too mean for paint....:D actually i think the PBM is the nicest factory engine color out there especially with chrome or polished accents. Silver would look nice with your combination

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
I'm painting my engine black. It will have plenty of polished aluminum to "brighten it up". I will be using a red MSD box,cap, and wires...this will match the overall BLACK,RED,SILVER color scheme....Chevy orange on a Pontiac motor is a mortal sin :lol: can you go with Buick Red????? Eric

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm painting my engine black. It will have plenty of polished aluminum to "brighten it up". I will be using a red MSD box,cap, and wires...this will match the overall BLACK,RED,SILVER color scheme....Chevy orange on a Pontiac motor is a mortal sin :lol: can you go with Buick Red????? Eric
THAT'S WHY I CAN'T PAINT THE ENGINE ORANGE !!!!
But I don't mind orange trim.
:cool

1 - 8 of 8 Posts