Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold the Goat to a lucky buyer down in NC a few weeks ago. She was a blast while I had her and I absolutely loved her. I still turn my head to check out Goats when I see them. Here she was right before selling her:

.......but ever since I was born I've been a 'vette guy. I replaced her with a 2003 Z06.

I've really enjoyed the forum since joining way back when. Continue to enjoy your Goats. They really are awesome vehicles.

·
1/8 7.63 at 89.14, 60ft of 1.61
260 Posts
Glad you enjoyed the Goat , but that vette is beautiful,so how is the horsepower difference?Feel good or what.....cool, enjoy.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I've had a thing for Vette's nearly my whole life as well. When I was about 10 my sister married, and her neighbor had a '57 vette; red with the white side accents. One hot car!

Then came the Sting Rays, and I've never gotten over wanting one.

Good Luck with yours! I think mine is still a few years off!

·
Registered
24 Posts
man i love z06's. and as much as i love the GTO, you cant really compare the two.

actually, you're getting a little more than 5 more horsepower. The ls6's are putting out more like 420hp. Don't beleive me? Look up any stock dyno for a 2002-2004 z06 and you'll find they're putting out 360-370 to the wheels. Chevy seemed to mark the 405 badge a little low and i have no i dea why. and its not 500 lbs lighter, its more like 650. i beleive the z06's are 3100.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I loved my 02 Z06. That was the main reason I traded the GTO in on the C6. The C5 Z06 is between 3160 and 3200 pounds.
Pennsylvania Goat's Z06 has what looks to be a Haltech Stinger or a Blackwing intake on it. That's good for about 10 to 15 hp.
A stock C5 Z06 is good for 350 hp at the wheels. Add the intake and your in the low 360's. The LS6 really responds to a tune and some guys with just an intake and tune get into the 390's. Mine was 378hp with just a Haltech and a tune.
Where the Z06 really shines is the road course. Corners that would make you nervous at 65 in the GTO are handled easily at 75-80 in the Z06. The brakes stop you instantly and never fade.
Fabulous ride PA Goat!!!!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Happy trails!

I talked myself out of getting a yellow on black Z06 before getting the GTO -- but don't really have any regrets as the new C6 is an awesome ride. And since they've been out a little while now, prices for the new ones are dropping. $3K under sticker for the coupes, $5K for the convertibles.

That said, you've got a great, great ride. Enjoy.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fergyflyer said:
I loved my 02 Z06. That was the main reason I traded the GTO in on the C6. The C5 Z06 is between 3160 and 3200 pounds.
Pennsylvania Goat's Z06 has what looks to be a Haltech Stinger or a Blackwing intake on it. That's good for about 10 to 15 hp.
A stock C5 Z06 is good for 350 hp at the wheels. Add the intake and your in the low 360's. The LS6 really responds to a tune and some guys with just an intake and tune get into the 390's. Mine was 378hp with just a Haltech and a tune.
Where the Z06 really shines is the road course. Corners that would make you nervous at 65 in the GTO are handled easily at 75-80 in the Z06. The brakes stop you instantly and never fade.
Fabulous ride PA Goat!!!!
Thanks for all the comments. The Z is a beautiful car and I'm loving every minute of it. I sold the Goat to a guy down in NC. He was besides himself when I rolled up and he heard the Goat roar to life with the muffler delete mod.

The Z is simply a bullet. It came with a Breathless Vortex CAI and I'm currently awaiting a Billy Boat bullet cat back (quad tips). I will then have the tune done to get the LS6 operating to its fullest potential.

I'll continue to check in on the forum and if anyone has any questions on my ole' Goat or the work I had done to it, feel free to PM.

:cheers to this forum.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for dropping by. Car looks great. Kind of wish there was a hardtop version of the C6...
Thanks, I like stoping by every once and awhile since I do drool everytime i see a Goat. The Z is simply amazing (not to impressed w/ the interior when compared to a Goat) but the car is an absolute rocket. Its got a Breathless CAI, short throw, CAGS and Billy Boat Bullets. I wash and wax every minute I get!

·
Registered
236 Posts
gorgeous Corvette! I looked at a 2004 Vette for 34k, is that too high? Doesn't it make more sense to spend money on a Vette than a GTO in terms of resale? I noticed Vettes dont EVER seem to drop below 25 grand...so isnt it smarter to buy like an 04-05 corvette instead of a GTO for nearly the same price?

·
Registered
69 Posts
What'd you sell the goat for? Keep both. There's nothing better than having a GTO as your beater and the Vette in the garage as a toy. Although, in my case, the beater will out-perform the Vette any day...

Although, if I had the money, I'd trade my Vette and Goat in on a C6 Z06 and get a real daily driver beater to garage the Z06. But I don't see that happening any time soon...

Anyway, enjoy that Vette... It sure looks nice...

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What'd you sell the goat for? Keep both. There's nothing better than having a GTO as your beater and the Vette in the garage as a toy. Although, in my case, the beater will out-perform the Vette any day...

Although, if I had the money, I'd trade my Vette and Goat in on a C6 Z06 and get a real daily driver beater to garage the Z06. But I don't see that happening any time soon...

Anyway, enjoy that Vette... It sure looks nice...
I sold the Goat for about 28K. I sold it to a guy down in North Carolina who was pumped to get it. (I attribute this mostly to my muffler-delete option)I was a SWEET ride but the Z06 absolutely takes the cake.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.