Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here use an Ethanol treatment on their gasoline?

I have been using Joe Gibbs but Lucas Oil version seems cheaper. Is there a difference? Does it really work/help? Other than ethanol and winterizing treatment (Stabil) I tend to not use fuel treatments as they all seem to be snake oils...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use Lucas Ethanol treatment 1 oz per 5 gallon been using it religiously for the past 3 years. I carry it in my trunk with a long funnel. Never leave home without it.
That is a bit cheaper than the Joe Gibbs stuff. Do you think that they all are about the same in quality?

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
That is a bit cheaper than the Joe Gibbs stuff. Do you think that they all are about the same in quality?
Lucas is a top tier product. Never used Joe Gibbs but there is a cost factor associated to his name. You will be fine with Lucas. I'm sold on it. I can find it at Walmart fort about 7.99 for a 16oz bottle about 9.99 at an AutoZone place.

My car seems to love it.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Marathon station in our town sells recreational fuel with no ethanol and 90 octane. My 65 GTO runs excellent on this fuel. Sometimes when I have the extra $$ I'll dump 5 gallons of 110 octane race fuel in it. Smells good.:wink2:

Lucas is a top tier product. Never used Joe Gibbs but there is a cost factor associated to his name. You will be fine with Lucas. I'm sold on it. I can find it at Walmart fort about 7.99 for a 16oz bottle about 9.99 at an AutoZone place.

My car seems to love it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts