Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well today I decided to find out.. I had a cluster that had a damaged center display so I figured, why the hell not?

These pictures show you what the cluster would look like with two different shades of green lighting. The first is the same color as the MPH light (bottom of tach), the second is the deeper green of the DRL lamp (top of tach / side of GTO crest).
Also you'll notice the red needles, well the cool thing about those is they are white during the day, I simply swapped red LED's into those areas. Also just for kicks I made the shift light bright orange instead of red.

This process is an absolute pain in the ass and quite time consuming.

That said do you guys think this is something I should offer with cluster programming? It would likely increase the turn around time from same day to one full day (depending on options) and would not be cheap, but it sure does look cool IMHO. I'm going to try some other combos later but for now this will have to suffice!

·
Registered
143 Posts
GTPprix said:
Well today I decided to find out.. I had a cluster that had a damaged center display so I figured, why the hell not?

These pictures show you what the cluster would look like with two different shades of green lighting. The first is the same color as the MPH light (bottom of tach), the second is the deeper green of the DRL lamp (top of tach / side of GTO crest).
Also you'll notice the red needles, well the cool thing about those is they are white during the day, I simply swapped red LED's into those areas. Also just for kicks I made the shift light bright orange instead of red.

This process is an absolute pain in the ass and quite time consuming.

That said do you guys think this is something I should offer with cluster programming? It would likely increase the turn around time from same day to one full day (depending on options) and would not be cheap, but it sure does look cool IMHO. I'm going to try some other combos later but for now this will have to suffice!
I think there is some potential there, I like the red needles. Arrowhead Performance offered colored dash bezels to match the colors Pontiac doesn't offer, but I could never get any info on them. Now I understand that AP doesn't carry them any longer. I'd like one to match my car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.