Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
GTO For Life said:
190 Everclear... Anyone ever had this stuff straight in 1oz. shot glasses?

Dear lord..
LOL. I had it one time. It was the last time. It has no redeeming value to me. Nasty. It burned like fire all the way down and then I could feel my stomach knot up and gurgle for about an hour. You could probably burn that stuff in the Goat.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JMVorbeck said:
LOL. I had it one time. It was the last time. It has no redeeming value to me. Nasty. It burned like fire all the way down and then I could feel my stomach knot up and gurgle for about an hour. You could probably burn that stuff in the Goat.
Man I did 2 shots last night... Consecutivly. Now, mind you, I party quite a bit, but I am 6'0 150 lbs... Wow, I wish I could even remember what happened last night. Had a shot of Bacardi 151.. ugh what a morning.

·
Registered
937 Posts
GTO For Life said:
Man I did 2 shots last night... Consecutivly. Now, mind you, I party quite a bit, but I am 6'0 150 lbs... Wow, I wish I could even remember what happened last night. Had a shot of Bacardi 151.. ugh what a morning.
You are a rail! I am 6'2" 225lbs and I wouldnt do that. I think 2 shots of that garbage and you are bordering on alcohol poisoning!! I wouldnt be suprised if some of your lost time didnt involve some worship to the porcelain god. Hope you feel better, eat something greasy. :cheers <=Thats root beer for you my friend.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JMVorbeck said:
You are a rail! I am 6'2" 225lbs and I wouldnt do that. I think 2 shots of that garbage and you are bordering on alcohol poisoning!! I wouldnt be suprised if some of your lost time didnt involve some worship to the porcelain god. Hope you feel better, eat something greasy. :cheers <=Thats root beer for you my friend.
Lol my friend just got back from Boot Camp (Cold Weather training something-or-other) and he's going to Iraq and we won't see him until he gets back... So he is here until Sunday so we're partying for him this weekend, so I will probably do something stupid again... Yeah, good news is I got some #'s last night from these girls that look gooood... Don't know if I could have done that sober :lol: :willy:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
6QTS11OZ said:
I never had Everclear but my partner brought me a jar of Georgia Moon corn whiskey from N. Carolina. Holy Sh!t! This crap could strip powercoating from a mag wheel. Just the smell alone will make you quiver.

Seen corn whiskey, I think- that's as close as I've come. It came in a mayonaisse jar with a fake notebook-paper looking label...izzat it?

That packaging alone was enough to skeer me. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Groucho said:
Seen corn whiskey, I think- that's as close as I've come. It came in a mayonaisse jar with a fake notebook-paper looking label...izzat it?

That packaging alone was enough to skeer me. :eek:
It's probably the same stuff except this label look like it was made from a brown paper bag.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Aren't you too young to be drinking...Just playing. I actually have never had everclear, but I do like to blow fire with 151. Old party trick, gets the ladies in my bed with the quickness :D

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
GTO For Life said:
190 Everclear... Anyone ever had this stuff straight in 1oz. shot glasses?
You might want to check the label. They quit making the 190 proof Everclear a while ago -- the best you can do these days is 151. Still like smacking yourself in the head with a hammer, though.

·
Registered
170 Posts
GTO For Life said:
And you are too young to have a Beer? :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
You might want to check the label. They quit making the 190 proof Everclear a while ago -- the best you can do these days is 151. Still like smacking yourself in the head with a hammer, though.
Hee. Kind of like The HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy's Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster:

"The best drink in existence is the Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster. The effect of drinking one of these is rather like having your brains smashed out with a slice of lemon, wrapped around a large gold brick. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy will tell you on which planets the best ones are brewed, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which voluntary organizations exist to help you recover afterwards.

"Fortunately, the Guide also tells you how you can make one yourself."

Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster
1 bottle Ol' Janx Spirit.
1 measure Santraginean seawater.
3 cubes frozen Arcturan MegaGin.
4 liters Fallian marsh gas.
1 measure Qualactin Hypermint Extract.
1 Algolian Suntiger tooth.
Zamphour to taste.
Olive garnish.

Take the juice from one bottle of the Ol' Janx Spirit (see page 15 of the actual Guide).

Pour into it one measure of water from the seas of Santraginus V -- Oh, that Santraginean seawater, it says. Oh, those Santraginean fish!

Allow three cubes of Arcturan MegaGin to melt into the mixture (it must be properly iced or the benzene is lost).

Allow four liters of Fallian marsh gas to bubble thrugh it, in memory of all those happy hikers who have died of pleasure in the marshes of Fallia.

Over the back of a silver spoon float a measure of Qualactin Hypermint Extract, redolent of all the heady odors of the dark Qualactin Zones, subtle, sweet and mystic.

Drop in the tooth of an Algolan Suntiger. Watch it dissolve, spreading the fires of the Algolan suns deep into the heart of the drink.

Sprinkle Zamphour.

Add an olive.

Drink... but... very... carefully.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
b_a_betterperson said:
Not in Indiana... 190 proof 95% alc/vol. You can even buy them in 750s.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts