Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and had a Ford salesman come out, hollering across the lot to another person on the lot (not sure if another salesman or employee) as he walked/ran towards your car,,,saying.. Hey,,, this is the new 6.0 GTO.. 400 hp, LS2 engine, this is the one to get.. 0 - 60 is 4.x.... etc.. like he's trying to sell the GTO to someone... I just looked at him thinking "you're going to get fired"... and he says.. I used to sell Pontiacs ( me thinking.. yeah you and you might not be selling Ford's much longer if your sales manager hears you telling how great GTO's are on his Ford lot.

This same dealer called me this week asking if I was still interested in a new Mustang GT.. said no,,, I had bought a new 05 GTO, and they eat Mustangs for lunch.. he laughed and (not the same guy now) started asking about the GTO and quoted what he read about it.. saying.. I don't think you went wrong on your purchase....

We GTO's people might not have as flashy a car as the new GT but.. we seem to have a better reputation for a faster car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I bought mine in last Feb. I had to go to the Frod dealership to cancel some items I had purchased with the Mach1 I bought there. Boy was I taken care of fast! They wanted me off the lot yesterday! That may have been becaused I parked in the spot they like to deliver cars to new buyers! All the sales people were standing around it checking it out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
went to one to drop off my friend getting his SVT Focus fixed. Salesman comes out asking what it has for an engine and whatnot. He asked what I paid for it, and I told him about the employee discount. Great line from him..."it's like buying a Corvette for 30 thousand"

When I was leaving, I had a crowd of people staring....salesmen, customers...it was great!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.