Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had ordered a Pypes X-pipe header exhaust for my '67 GTO in 2 1/2" size. Today I opened the box and it is 3" size. Question(s): Is there any large difference in tone/volume between the two? Is there any realistic performance improvement with less restriction of the 3"? I don't want my car to sound like a mud racing 4X4 pickup truck!! I will be running a fresh RA III motor. Thanks.
Chemnick:eek2::leaving:

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
I had ordered a Pypes X-pipe header exhaust for my '67 GTO in 2 1/2" size. Today I opened the box and it is 3" size. Question(s): Is there any large difference in tone/volume between the two? Is there any realistic performance improvement with less restriction of the 3"? I don't want my car to sound like a mud racing 4X4 pickup truck!! I will be running a fresh RA III motor. Thanks.
Chemnick:eek2::leaving:
Honestly I would return the 3" system and have them send you the proper one.

And make sure they pay for the shipping, it was their error!

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Actually they did the same thing to me except sent 2" instead of 2.5. They were on the ball with getting them swapped. If you are installing yourself i would recommend upgrading to the stainless band clamps or having them welded after you get them roughed in and marked.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. As luck would have it, I had ordered the 2.5" band clamps, which came in today.
Thought I was about to put it all together when I opened up the box. Another delay. And so it goes..............................

1 - 7 of 7 Posts