Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Couldn't access your link for some reason.

Used to have a Mustang GT and took a serious look at Bassani's NASCAR style side exit exhaust system. It does look fantastic. However, make sure the design actually improves performance before buying. Bassani was getting quite a bit of pressure to bring their product out for years -- but refused because their system, while it looked terrific, actually hindered performance because it increased backpressure so much.

They ended up solving the problem by designing a humungous chamber that ended up allowing "the look" while mildly improving performance. Good luck. If you do end up making the mod -- post some pictures, please!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Side exhausts are no good in the city during the summer. If windows are down, you'll be overwhelmed w/ exhaust fumes while at a stop. Looks pretty good though, especially if you can get one oval tip in there. I think it'd look pretty sharp.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tuxedo Mask said:
I am actually going to Phoenix this weekend to check these guys out. I lived in Tempe but temporarily relocated to Lost Wages...Las Vegas. I like the side exhaust look and plan to get it for my GTO. :cool
Let me know what you think after your visit. I am about sold on placing an order. Any input you have after your visit will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I talked to the guys at Arrowhead and the side exhaust system (cat back) shows an increase in HP. Of course there is a much larger increase in HP in the intake back system. You can see the posting of the performance numbers at their site http://www.arrowheadperformance.com Click on media for the link. They also say the side exhaust is at least as quiet in the cockpit of the car as the stock exhaust until you put your foot in it, that is. I'm saving my pennies and hope to have it installed by the summer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.