Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i saw on the pontiac website two different exhausts on the 06... either a dual with bit 3.5" outlets or a dual-dual that says magnaflow on the side... is the magnaflow a dealer option and is it louder than the other stock exhaust??

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
NateDog said:
i saw on the pontiac website two different exhausts on the 06... either a dual with bit 3.5" outlets or a dual-dual that says magnaflow on the side... is the magnaflow a dealer option and is it louder than the other stock exhaust??
The exhaust on the SAP is louder, deeper, and more aggressive than the stock exhaust. The sound from the SAP exhaust resembles the Cherry bomb sound of the 1970's. The outlets on the SAP tail pipes are just under 3" in dia. Both exhausts are awesome sounding.

G

·
the autocross ones arnt that loud.... they pop a lot tho... I got um on my ride..I was thinking of making it straight pipes and taking the CATs out ... but I go race late at night and dont wanna piss people off LOL... :willy: :party:

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Vedli said:
the autocross ones arnt that loud.... they pop a lot tho... I got um on my ride..I was thinking of making it straight pipes and taking the CATs out ... but I go race late at night and dont wanna piss people off LOL... :willy: :party:
I had received my GTO with the factory exhaust on it. After I had the SAP exhaust installed, I noticed it to be noticeably louder and more aggressive than factory stock. Yes it does Pop upon acceleration and deceleration just like the Cherry bombs did. I happen to like it. It's a retro sounding melody.

G

·
Vedli said:

I wouldn't recommend that, for a couple reasons,
1, it will violate the law
2. it will make your CEL go on, thus you would need the 02 imitator things
3. sounds louder, and you get more popping, and raaspyness, but not really a lot of HP Gain, also on a daily driver take a change on burning an exhaust valve,

I'd just leave them on, and spend money somewhere else, you'd be happier in the long run

·
Registered
910 Posts
Jeffs386 said:
the magnaflow come with the dealer installed autocross or appearance package that I believe runs about 3k extra
You can get the Appearance pkg for about 2200.00 maybe less. Includes Frt cover lower extn, R&L Rocker mldgs, Rear bumper cover to accomodate the magnaflow exhaust with dual duals which is also incl in pkg. It comes to color in Quick Silver, Torrid Red and Black Metallic. It's also available in prime for quite a bit less.

G

·
if they are louder than hell, thats the 2 chambers. Had those on my LT1 vette with 3" pipe and a 2800 stall. You could NOT carry a conversation at 60mph.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I met 1 guy with 04 and custom flowmaster's that turned down behind custom bumper don’t know what model but sounded really bad backfired when you let off a lot of popping and just plain loud! Now my new Magna Flow, they are sweet 2-3k sound is awesome and not too loud for old fart like me. I swear mid range is much faster. Just plain faster through gears,
Don’t need no stinking DYNO seat of pants method

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.