Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm proberly being a dead horse here but I could really use some help. I have and 04 and I want to setup for split dual exhaust.So I have 2 questions have any of you with an 04 cut the rear fascia and how does the beast sound with no mufflers just straight pipes. Just looking for some ideas and wanted to know if cutting the fascia is possible. Thanks for any help :cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a Black A4 and i got a custom fiberglass guy to cut my rear bumper and make the same cutout on the right side as is on the left side. I think it looks more finished that buying an 05 bumper b.c there isnt that cheap plastic "GTO" piece. I got a custom exhaust job done too, went with Magnaflow mufflers, sounds nice but could be louder... good luck.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
benh818 said:
I have a Black A4 and i got a custom fiberglass guy to cut my rear bumper and make the same cutout on the right side as is on the left side. I think it looks more finished that buying an 05 bumper b.c there isnt that cheap plastic "GTO" piece. I got a custom exhaust job done too, went with Magnaflow mufflers, sounds nice but could be louder... good luck.
About how much for the cutting? and how much was the magnaflow mufflers I heard that they are the best flowing mufflers on the market :cheers

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also what did the person cutting the rear fascia have to know i.e what is the distance between the center of the stock exit and that of the new exit, you know stuff like that. I ask b/c I'm building my own exhaust so I wanted to about the distance, this will be my first car exhaust that I've ever built. All 3 pickup exhaust I made were loud and evil sounding so I'm hoping for the same results here.I just need a baseline to work with b/c the rear is to be cut thats all any help will be much appreciated. :cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts