Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
I've used Eastwoods Stainless Steel paint with good results. When used on headers it cures to a dull silver but never discolors. On exhaust manifolds it is excellent. All the Eastwood paints I have use have yielded great results. I highly recommend them.

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
I've used Eastwoods products. I use the pint, you can just buy the pint and not the kit. There is like a 1 year shelf life on it the can says. I've coated the manifolds and the flanges with 2 coats and they still look great.

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
I painted the exhaust manifold on my '15 Ford with high temp radiator paint (for steam radiators in old homes). Still looks perfect after 8 years. I painted the exhaust manifolds on my '67 GTO 4 years ago with high temp stove paint. It looks like gray/black cast iron in color. Made for old iron wood stoves. They still look like new after 4 years and 5000 miles. Cheap and easy, and no priming. Just blast and paint.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I used the Eastwood stuff years ago and it was as good or better than anything else out there, but not perfect. Like most paints, it burns off over time.
When I put the RARE manifolds on a few months back I had the ceramic coated hoping they will last a little longer.
Honestly, if you have them off the car, and a few extra bucks, you may want to look in to the ceramic coating. If not, then try the Eastwood paint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts