Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting my quest for a preowned GTO. The dealer down the street from has an 04 auto with 9k miles the car looks very mint except for a minor paint chip in the front below the grill of course the the thing is not the color I want (yellow) dont get me wrong I love yellow but not sure as a daily driver. I scope the car out from front to back and realize something strange the dual pipes coming out the back are on both sides rather than the same side. I look at the hood no scoops look at the vin plate under hood and it says MAR04. Is it that easy to put the 05/06 exhaust setup. The back even has the 05/06 GTO logo in the plastic. Its pretty cool I think have an 04 with 05/06 pipes the car is not priced friendly though $24590 I think its high I have seen 04's for as low as $21500.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
lotaguts said:
I am starting my quest for a preowned GTO. The dealer down the street from has an 04 auto with 9k miles the car looks very mint except for a minor paint chip in the front below the grill of course the the thing is not the color I want (yellow) dont get me wrong I love yellow but not sure as a daily driver. I scope the car out from front to back and realize something strange the dual pipes coming out the back are on both sides rather than the same side. I look at the hood no scoops look at the vin plate under hood and it says MAR04. Is it that easy to put the 05/06 exhaust setup. The back even has the 05/06 GTO logo in the plastic. Its pretty cool I think have an 04 with 05/06 pipes the car is not priced friendly though $24590 I think its high I have seen 04's for as low as $21500.
To answer your question, it's very simple to do this conversion, for everything you're looking at around $750, and it looks great, I agree that this is a rediculous price though.:cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.