Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:willy: i am looking for a exhaust system that sounds agressive also improves hp/tq .

input is greatly needed .

Borla , Flowmaster, Slp performance, Corsa, Magnaflow which system will do me justice?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Quite a few posts on this actually, but I'll give my input... I've got the Corsa Sport system on my '04 goat and I love it. Nice tone, no drone.... it's perfect. I wasn't looking for a loud system, and if you are, stay away from Corsa. It's very mellow at WOT.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have the slp loudmouth, it sounds great with out being to loud.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
I have a SLP loudmouth with the SLP longtubes and I love it!!! But if you don't like loud then the corsa is the way to go, which I just happen to sell both of these so when you decide let me know and I promise you won't be able to beat my prices!!! :cheers

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'd like to find a system halfway between the stock sound and the GHL Bullets on my Z06. Any opinions on such a system?

Are these systems being described actually cat-back systems? If I go to the trouble to change the exhaust, I'd like to have it split at the rear ('05 style). I don't know if you can buy a pre-fab cat-back and acheive that.

Please enlighten me.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
diverdan said:
I'd like to find a system halfway between the stock sound and the GHL Bullets on my Z06. Any opinions on such a system?

Are these systems being described actually cat-back systems? If I go to the trouble to change the exhaust, I'd like to have it split at the rear ('05 style). I don't know if you can buy a pre-fab cat-back and acheive that.

Please enlighten me.
Something between stock and bullets would be the powerflow (or loudmouth2) from slp, as far as pre-fabbed.....I don't believe that it exist to convert to 05 rear fascia.... I could be wrong though. :cheers

·
Registered
75 Posts
GTODEALER said:
I have a SLP loudmouth with the SLP longtubes and I love it!!! But if you don't like loud then the corsa is the way to go, which I just happen to sell both of these so when you decide let me know and I promise you won't be able to beat my prices!!! :cheers
Hey gtodealer, got any for an 05 yet? Also interested in the short throw shifter, rear sway bar with poly bushings. Please let me know as soon as possible. thx, Dave

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
GTODAVE05 said:
Hey gtodealer, got any for an 05 yet? Also interested in the short throw shifter, rear sway bar with poly bushings. Please let me know as soon as possible. thx, Dave
Exhaust so far hasn't been released by SLP, the shifters are ordered but not here yet (199.99), the sway bar and bushings I have on the wall and are 159.00 for the sway bar and 35.00 for the bushings. Let me know... :cheers

·
Registered
75 Posts
GTODEALER said:
Exhaust so far hasn't been released by SLP, the shifters are ordered but not here yet (199.99), the sway bar and bushings I have on the wall and are 159.00 for the sway bar and 35.00 for the bushings. Let me know... :cheers
Damn, i wish they'd hurry it up!!! just getting anxious!! would like to get all the parts at once, then i can installed all if it at once. do you recommend a k&n cai or the new era? i noticed the new era doesnt have the heat shield. what brand of sway bar do you carry? thx again for all your help!! :)

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
GTODAVE05 said:
Damn, i wish they'd hurry it up!!! just getting anxious!! would like to get all the parts at once, then i can installed all if it at once. do you recommend a k&n cai or the new era? i noticed the new era doesnt have the heat shield. what brand of sway bar do you carry? thx again for all your help!! :)
Sway bar is SLP, I recommend New Era and heat soak isn't really a problem, and you're right SLP needs to hurry!!! :cheers

·
Registered
136 Posts
GTODEALER said:
Sway bar is SLP, I recommend New Era and heat soak isn't really a problem, and you're right SLP needs to hurry!!! :cheers

i dont know about that...i have a newera on my 05, i had it dynoed and the first run was 345 rwhp and 341 rwtq...2nd run, with only a minute between runs, was 339 rwhp and 328 rwtq...third run 341 rwhp and 333 rwtq. i think it was from heat soak, the first run was the coolest and the third we waited about 5 minutes or so, that being said, i ordered the Ligenfelter.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
ouijaguy said:
i dont know about that...i have a newera on my 05, i had it dynoed and the first run was 345 rwhp and 341 rwtq...2nd run, with only a minute between runs, was 339 rwhp and 328 rwtq...third run 341 rwhp and 333 rwtq. i think it was from heat soak, the first run was the coolest and the third we waited about 5 minutes or so, that being said, i ordered the Ligenfelter.
You purchase two cai for a 4 h.p. loss!?!? I guess it's justifiable in a sense, I'm going by what Mike tells me, I didn't have this problem on my 04 but we havn't installed and dynoed and 05. :cheers

·
Registered
136 Posts
GTODEALER said:
You purchase two cai for a 4 h.p. loss!?!? I guess it's justifiable in a sense, I'm going by what Mike tells me, I didn't have this problem on my 04 but we havn't installed and dynoed and 05. :cheers
there are two reasons why i bought the second intake, one and the main one is because, there is no way im gonna spend money to loose any hp. and second, is because i really wanted the Liggy... and once i saw the heat shield, i wanted to buy it...trust me, im kicking my self in the arse because i was so impulsive to by the first one i saw...thats the story of my life, when will i learn :willy:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the CORSA Sport w/oval tip on my 04 M6. And, I have the Lingenfelter CAI. I liked the exhaust a lot alone but the combination is great. As others have said, 0 drone but healthy sound. It burbles in between every shift and backing down in 3rd gear for a corner sounds a bit intimidating (strong burble, popping.....). I love the sounds. We are partial to CORSA for their sound, build quality, etc. Our son has one on his 04 Silverado and my best friend on his C6. We are all very pleased. But, in the end it is personal taste of sound, etc.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.