Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will simply changing exahust tips improve the sound of my gto? I test drove the 05 with the sport package and the dual/dual exahust tips and it sounded a little better to me. If I just put better tips on my Goat will it sound different?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
GTO676 said:
Will simply changing exahust tips improve the sound of my gto? I test drove the 05 with the sport package and the dual/dual exahust tips and it sounded a little better to me. If I just put better tips on my Goat will it sound different?
The sap for the 05 actually has different mufflers/tips (remember the tips for the 05 are part of the mufflers), while it slightly changes sound....it doesn't do crap for performance. :cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GTODEALER said:
The sap for the 05 actually has different mufflers/tips (remember the tips for the 05 are part of the mufflers), while it slightly changes sound....it doesn't do crap for performance. :cheers
I know it doesn't do crap for the performance, but how do I get my non-SAP car to sound like that???

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
GTO676 said:
I know it doesn't do crap for the performance, but how do I get my non-SAP car to sound like that???
Sorry mis-understood you, have someone install Corsa mufflers on your car and you'll get really close to that sound.... :cheers

·
Registered
170 Posts
Gtodealer

GTO Dealer-

I'm also looking at either the SAP muffs or going with something that sounds a lil bit deeper and more "burbling". Do you have a sound clip of the Corsa mufflers on the 05 Goat? Know where to order them? I'd like to swap out just the muffs, if that's possible..or do recommend a full catback system?

Thanks!

Dave

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was talking to Bob at Corsa and he said to me that Corsa is just Waiting for hangers to weld on .If you want that Sound Hold on till July 8th.And spring for the Catback And LTs. FJB.

·
Registered
13 Posts
One of the members here said he has a test car for Corsa and it is supposed to sound like a Ferrari. If this is true I am very excited. I love the sound of an exotic exhaust note.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts