Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GTOJeff originaly posted this but I definitely have to agree. The 2004 GTO sounds awesome with the Corsa exhaust system. I suggest u all look into it, because it give it that badass, muscle sound that I know you all want from a muscle car!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Have you heard the Borla? I want to update mine, and found a deal on the Borla ($764). I'm much more interested in the sound than 1 or 2 hp. I think the stock system sounds quite good when you step on it, but at idle or low throttle, it's just too quiet.

·
Registered
590 Posts
me, i'm more interested in hp than sound. an older thread here, had a member, completly replace, oem exhaust, with about $1800. stainless system and only obtained 18 hp increase :eek:

for the K&N CAI, around $250, you can conseratively get 7-10 (K&N claims more), but I've yet to dyno

you want loud, go get a couple exhaust cut outs ($50.) each, and some electric power plates ($125.) each, and you can be loud, mild to wild, whenever, however you want. open, they sound like friggin NASCAR

with them open, you'll lose a little on the low end but wind it up and easy 10-15 hp gain

had'em on my SS :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
westell said:
me, i'm more interested in hp than sound. an older thread here, had a member, completly replace, oem exhaust, with about $1800. stainless system and only obtained 18 hp increase :eek:

for the K&N CAI, around $250, you can conseratively get 7-10 (K&N claims more), but I've yet to dyno

you want loud, go get a couple exhaust cut outs ($50.) each, and some electric power plates ($125.) each, and you can be loud, mild to wild, whenever, however you want. open, they sound like friggin NASCAR

with them open, you'll lose a little on the low end but wind it up and easy 10-15 hp gain

had'em on my SS :D

With the cam that theses cars come with, open exhaust would not do it any justice. With no cam lope, open pipes is not that great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Be careful with the borla system. The one I heard did seem much louder than stock. A couple of guys on ls1gto were saying the same thing. If you want something bold, maybe look into the loudmouth.. I just replaced the mufflers and cut off the resonators. Sounds badass now..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Frank,

You said "The one I heard did seem much louder than stock." Did you mean "did not"???? Is the Loudmouth quite a bit louder than the Borla?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hey Gary Check Out The Post In The Technical Discussion Under "today Will Be A Very Good Day" By Maxhax. He's Added The Slp Loudmouth Exhast And Has Pictures On His Website And Info About The Sound. I Was Having A Hard Time In Deciding Between The Corsa, Borla, And Slp. I'm Leaning Strongly Towards The Slp Due To The Info From Max.

·
Registered
27 Posts
CORSA Sport with Oval tip on eBay for $795. CORSA list is about $935 and the best I had found until this one was with Lingenfelter for $845. The eBay deal includes shipping and handling and the dealer looks very reputable. I ordered one yesterday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts