Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been researching on several forums, and from I can basically gather, it appears that all the catbacks are not producing much power. I was thinking instead to just by the Loudmouth resonators for $149, and welding them in to get a louder exhaust sound.

What do you think, anyone do something similiar, I rather waste the money saved on a underdrive pulley and intake.

A

·
0 Posts
Take a serious look at the CORSA catback combined with LPE CAI and Superchips tning.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree, most of the info I've read, you don't gain a whole lot of power with a catback. If you're looking for more volume, just cut off the resonators and mufflers and patch in some pipe. That's what I did. Talk about some volume. Needless to say I get a lot of looks when I start the car up..

·
Registered
3 Posts
O5 GTO Exhaust

Same here but I didn't cut the resonator out I am saving my money for an x-pipe and some headers but for now I cut those titanic mufflers off and put some pipe up with some 4" tips sound a lot better :cheers

·
Registered
590 Posts
after the cam package and tune, the stock exhaust is holding the horsepower back.

Had the resonators cut off this morning and the car is a little bit louder, but began to pull even more after about fifteen minutes of driving. :D

Still, will probably go some route on exhaust, although I'd like to stay away from headers, if possible. Port the factory headers and better mufflers ?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
While your not gonna gain that much initially, the stock 2004 GTO exhaust sucks, it's so restricted!! I didn't notice that much on the Loudmouth I put on my car, and then I added a cai and longtubes and OMFG what a difference! If you plan on modding your car, I say buy the catback now and save for headers later.... this way you'll uncork some of it for future mods. BTW, I sell Corsa, Borla, Magnaflow, and SLP exhaust for the 04's at ungodly cheap prices so let me know if you want one! :cheers

·
Registered
119 Posts
GTODEALER said:
BTW, I sell Corsa, Borla, Magnaflow, and SLP exhaust for the 04's at ungodly cheap prices so let me know if you want one! :cheers
How "ungodly cheap" are your Corsa sports catbacks for an '05?

Thanks!

·
Registered
498 Posts
CAI & 3" Pipe

I lopped off the mufflers on my '05 (see my gallery for picts). I also just put a LPE CAI on....VERY NICE SOUND. You will NOT be dissapointed. :cheers

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
vnamvet said:
How "ungodly cheap" are your Corsa sports catbacks for an '05?

Thanks!
799.00.... there is nothing "ungodly cheap" about Corsa, but I haven't found anyone this cheap...... :cheers
....BTW, I have it in stock!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts