Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
jason (CMEXLR8) said:
I received one last night. is this a serious ticket? Sounds cool! definetly fits the GTO. lol :willy:

Ya? What the hell is that?? Exhibition of Power??? :confused

0 to 45 in 2.5 sec :D

·
Registered
400 Posts
Exhibition of speed is 4 points on our 8 point system in AZ. But Exhibition of POWER? Never heard of it.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
jason (CMEXLR8) said:
I received one last night. is this a serious ticket? Sounds cool! definetly fits the GTO. lol :willy:
Yep, it's serious. here is the ordinance for Las Vegas; If they consider it reckless driving, it's 8 points. I suggest finding a traffic lawyer.

11.16.090 Speed contests.

(A) No person shall engage in any motor vehicle speed contest or exhibition of power or speed on a highway and no person shall aid or abet in any such motor vehicle speed contest or exhibition upon any highway.

(B) No person shall, for the purpose of facilitating or aiding or as an incident to any motor vehicle speed contest upon a highway, in any manner obstruct or place any barricade or obstruction or assist or participate in placing any such barricade or obstruction upon any highway.

(Ord. 1278 § 27, 1967; prior code § 10-25-5)

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
05GTO said:
Yep, it's serious. here is the ordinance for Las Vegas; If they consider it reckless driving, it's 8 points. I suggest finding a traffic lawyer.
I bet they don't give those out to Hondas!:lol:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Man, I have gotten a bunch of them in NY- it is "unsafe start" in NY. I had gotten 1 in my talon for smoking all four tires through the intersection with the trooper coming the other way- didn't even see him at the light :eek:. Every one I had gotten, I went to court and they reduced them to non moving violations like "parking on pavement" (illegal parking ticket) or a smaller moving violation- "failure to obey a traffic control device". Never needed a lawyer for any of them, the cop or prosecutor usually negotiate with you when you get to court before going before the judge. I don;t know if it is any different there or not. Good luck and let us know what happens.
Joe

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Got one years ago in my Chrysler. In South Carolina it's called "Improper start from start".

GTO_400's signiture picture reminds me of that movie "The Repo Man"!

·
Registered
56 Posts
When I used to drive hot cars years ago I figured that 0 to the speed limit was fair game as long as it wasn't "reckless". I never got a ticket for acceleration and never heard of anyone else getting one.

My new goat has about 800 miles on it now and I am just getting used to the go-fast concept again. What a blast! So how much of a worry is this in Georgia and SC?

Walt

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
PontiacGuy said:
When I used to drive hot cars years ago I figured that 0 to the speed limit was fair game as long as it wasn't "reckless". I never got a ticket for acceleration and never heard of anyone else getting one.

My new goat has about 800 miles on it now and I am just getting used to the go-fast concept again. What a blast! So how much of a worry is this in Georgia and SC?

Walt
In SC there is no standarded. It depends on the cop and the mood he is in. Most of the time here the fastest speeders are the cops. It's kinda nice when your in a hurry, you can just get behind one and draft. But seriously, I've been pulled for having one of the five bulbs in my left tail lamp out(Chrysler, not GTO) and other times I have flat unknowingly sped past a cruiser and not get pulled.:D

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've been driving up and down I-20 from Augusta to Aiken to work for almost 15 years now, so I know the highway game well and can stay out of trouble there. I just never considered that romping out of a red light with the new GTO would be taking a chance.

I did a full hi-perf restoration on a '67 Firebird 400 and was pulled over in Carolina three times with it when I lived near Sumter in the mid-80's. 1) dirty license plate? - yeah, right 2) rear tires outside the wheel wells - well maybe a tad, and 3) never did say, he just looked the car over and checked my license and told me to go. I didn't get a ticket or even a written warning for any of these. It was pretty obvious they just wanted to check out the car and who was driving it.

They want to take a look, well OK that's fine. But please no tickets!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
PontiacGuy said:
I've been driving up and down I-20 from Augusta to Aiken to work for almost 15 years now, so I know the highway game well and can stay out of trouble there. I just never considered that romping out of a red light with the new GTO would be taking a chance.

I did a full hi-perf restoration on a '67 Firebird 400 and was pulled over in Carolina three times with it when I lived near Sumter in the mid-80's. 1) dirty license plate? - yeah, right 2) rear tires outside the wheel wells - well maybe a tad, and 3) never did say, he just looked the car over and checked my license and told me to go. I didn't get a ticket or even a written warning for any of these. It was pretty obvious they just wanted to check out the car and who was driving it.

They want to take a look, well OK that's fine. But please no tickets!
You got a ticket for tires sticking out the wheel wells? That sounds like BS to me! Any cops on this forum to retort?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.