Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of restoring my Uncle's (passed away a few years ago), 1966 GTO. It's totally original, his widow refers to it as a "survivor", it's a really nice, what I call a 20 footer-looks great from 20 feet away, car. I'm currently having the 389 rebuilt at a local shop & starting to turn my att. to the body, lots of work has been done in the past, prep was done right but the block/hand sanding was not done right. I'm looking for the paint code for this year GTO, it's a Burgundy Metallic. I'm also constructing a 1/25 scale model of the car my son bought for me & want it to match exactly. I want to use the exact same paint (if possible), if they will mix & sell such a small amount needed for the model. I wish the actual car was ready for paint as I'd just use that. Help with code? Thanks

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Like GT said, N on the firewall. Factory paint was : DuPont 4624-LH, DitzlerDDL-5700, and Rinshed-Mason A-1711M. The factory Burgundy is a great looking color on these cars: I repainted my '67 that color in '93 (it was gold) and a buddy just re-did his '65 GTO in the original Burgundy. Really sharp. good luck with your project, you're doing the right thing!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts