Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Fabric on parcel shelf bubbling

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  JMVorbeck 
#1 ·
When I washed the car Saturday, I noticed some little blisters in the fabric on the rear parcel shelf. There are two or three of them, about a half-inch or so wide, in the curve coming around the passenger-side speaker.

I suspect the Arizona sun is taking its toll. The car's parked in my garage on weekends, but at work it sits out on a parking lot all day baking. I assume there must be some sticky stuff on the backside of this fabric, but I pressed down on it and couldn't get it to stay put. Guess I'll just have to accept it. It doesn't look bad, but I'll be curious to see what happens over time.

#3 ·
RiceEater said:
I'd say try to get some of those windshield shade things that keep the car cooler... but try to get one that will fit each of the windows in the car. Should help with the longevity of your interrior.
I use one in the front, but I'd sure as heck hate having to climb into the back seat every day to put a second one back there!

#5 ·
paige boudreau said:
i had the whole panel replaced by the dealer mine was in the rear drivers side passenger panel. take it back to the dealer its definatly a problem
You're talking about the parcel shelf, right? So . . . your dealer took the entire old part out and swapped it for a new one? Were you satisfied with the results? I hate it when the cure is worse than the disease. This may sound odd, but I'd rather live with a few fabric bubbles than go through the ordeal of replacing this panel and finding out that the new one doesn't fit right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.