Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok for all who hate it please don't destroy me. I'm in a GTO owners group as of now on Facebook but was wondering if any of you thought we should have a GTO Forum group?
We could post more pics and stuff. Do quick updates to whats going on. I'd be interested in helping/making it if we had enough people that whould want too. If figured one of the moderators would want to do it though but its just a suggestion. Any other ideas, if so spout em' out! Let me know what you guys think, thanks!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats wrong with this format?
ABSOLUTELY nothing!!! lol I was just saying as everyone is usually on FB it might be an idea. Thats why I asked what you all thought. I was also afraid it might take away site traffic though too, so again thats why I asked. I meant to even say "It might be a little redundant" lol

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
I'm on Facebook, and probably part of the group you're in too (GTO Owners).

It would be kinda neat if the serious members (IE, the guys that join up and stay, instead of posting twice and jumping ship) wanted to get together/have a circle of people representing this board.

I don't think LS1GTO has any representation on there either, come to think of it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
There is Pontiac GTO (common interest 339 members), GTO (just for fun 990 members), Pontiac GTO (automotive 2,555 members), Pontiac GTO (products 1,644 members), Pontiac GTO (sports and recreation 81 members), GTO (organizations 605 members) and also Pontiac GTO (sports and recreation 2,046 members). I became a fan of 4 of them.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure how to do it correctly but I'll look into it. And I agree, it's meant for more than a "1-2 poster then leave", I'm here everyday reading for at least an hour or two. I don't visit LS1GTO often, seems different from this one, not as appealing/informative/well managed.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
I don't visit LS1GTO often, seems different from this one, not as appealing/informative/well managed.
That site has some good info and vendor deals, but that's it for the most part. Typical threads start off as something serious, then devolve into arguing and drama, or just plain useless posts.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Ok, I made one. The link is here. I've set it up as a limited access group, meaning you'll need permission to enter... just provide your forum handle in a message, and you're in. That's just so we don't have non-members showing up.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Ok, so looks like there's no way to send a message to the "group" for me to figure out what member you are, so I'll leave membership open, just make sure to post your username if you want us to figure out who you are.

·
Registered
215 Posts
i added the group, my profile pic has a side shot of my 05' PBM, 18's

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
I don't understand why you need the facebook page. What can you do there that you can't do here?
I'm guessing for one, no rules. I don't facebook, but I think anything goes if you do. I could be wrong........:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm guessing for one, no rules. I don't facebook, but I think anything goes if you do. I could be wrong........:)
This forum is pretty tolerant of members' behavior. I'm a member of CoinTalk (CoinTalk) and they're very strict there. They censor colorful language and anything political even if it's polite.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Its a networking thing I guess. More or less if we want to say stuff like "hai guys omgwtfbbq lmao!!!11q" or something dumb like that, where it would pretty much be considered spam/trolling here. I don't really plan on moderating it any, but it's not like we're a bunch of crap talking CRX owners, either.

It pretty much negates the need for a chat section here, like was suggested a while back.

Facebook can actually be fun, if you're not friends with a whole bunch of people you never talk to, either online or in real life. Ex-girlfriends probably shouldn't be on your list of friends either...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts