Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1967 GTO
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
Has anybody been scammed buying someone on Facebook? I haven't as yet, but I feel I'm about to.
Has anyone had any dealings with "Body Classic Cars/ Parts" and or has bought anything from them. I'd like to hear about your experience. I can't seem to find any information except they are from Colorado Springs, so he says. They text me a message on my cell phone which turned out to be "NO Information Available (No name, No address, No telephone numbers) The texted number was a google voice number with a recording asking for my name.
If you can help in any way with suggestions it would be much appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
Use a postal money order with the sellers name and mailed to the sellers address. If they scam you, you can report it to the postal inspector for mail fraud and they will investigate it and make arrests.

Reactions: michaelfind

·
Registered
1967 GTO
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried to ask him for an address and other contact information for a previous purchase and that's when he broke off communication. Now I'm dealing with him again on an item that I really would like to purchase. I again asked for verified contact information. He has forwarded nothing to this point. He wanted me to use an application called "zelle". I was hesitant to use it because I've heard people have gotten scammed. He did say he would do Paypal. But I'm not sure about having the protection. I do like the idea of a Postal Money Order. I'll present it and see what he says.

·
Registered
1967 GTO
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ARMYADARKNESS
I'm with you on all of that. This guy has a business page on Facebook but if you're looking for information like names, addresses, or telephone numbers, they are non-existent. he was even referred by another Facebook user. Maybe they work the scam together. I asked for referrals, but again nada! Oh, there is no so call owner listed so you can't look up the person's profile.
Here's the kicker. I asked him to send pictures of the items. He sends me some great-looking pictures but they are some pictures of what someone from this forum sent to me a while ago. I wrote this other member and asked him about it. is it the same person? No idea! Haven't heard yet from this other member from this forum.

·
Registered
271 Posts
ARMYADARKNESS
I'm with you on all of that. This guy has a business page on Facebook but if you're looking for information like names, addresses, or telephone numbers, they are non-existent. he was even referred by another Facebook user. Maybe they work the scam together. I asked for referrals, but again nada! Oh, there is no so call owner listed so you can't look up the person's profile.
Here's the kicker. I asked him to send pictures of the items. He sends me some great-looking pictures but they are some pictures of what someone from this forum sent to me a while ago. I wrote this other member and asked him about it. is it the same person? No idea! Haven't heard yet from this other member from this forum.
What are you trying to buy from them ? Parts, a car ?

·
Registered
1967 GTO
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was looking for rear quarters, New, Used or repairable for a 67 via a posting on Facebook GTO groups, I was referred to get in touch with this person, which I did. he told me he had a pair. He told me what he wanted plus the shipping and to be paid via zelle , which I don't have. I told him I wanted some contact information such as his name, address, and telephone number so I could call him. He stop responding to my messaging. Then a few days after a weekend he contacts me and tells me the quarters were sold by a relative. He then says he has a pair of aftermarket ones and quotes me a more than fair price including shipping to my door, At this point, he texts me a phone number which right away I do a phone number search and it comes back as having "NO" owner. I do an additional search and I find out it is a Goggle voice calling number. I then call the number and it's a message saying just to leave my number. That's where I am now. If he does have the quarters I'd like to buy them. I'm hesitant because of the "Red Flags"
Here's another red flag, I asked him to send pictures. and he sends me a whole slew of pictures for me to look at. I recognize the pictures as seeing them before. Sure enough, the pictures he sent to me were the same pictures a member of this site sent me a couple of years ago because this member had bought them and offered to send the pictures of the different flanges that were part of the quarters. OK, another weird thing, both people are from Colorado. I have messaged the member of this site to see how this sellet had gotten his pictures. So far I have not heard back from him. The only thing I;m thinking is maybe the member dies and this guy bought the quarters at an estate sale or something. So, there ya go, just about the whole story.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello guys,
Has anybody been scammed buying someone on Facebook? I haven't as yet, but I feel I'm about to.
Has anyone had any dealings with "Body Classic Cars/ Parts" and or has bought anything from them. I'd like to hear about your experience. I can't seem to find any information except they are from Colorado Springs, so he says. They text me a message on my cell phone which turned out to be "NO Information Available (No name, No address, No telephone numbers) The texted number was a google voice number with a recording asking for my name.
If you can help in any way with suggestions it would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Maybe try Frank's Pontiac Parts. He's in California and I reached out to him on some 1969 GTO parts in the past and he's got a web site and contact information listed. Good luck. Frank's Pontiac Parts

·
Registered
271 Posts
I replied to the other thread. I am not dead. :) I used those quarters on my car and did not sell them. It sounds like a scam.
I can’t stand any type of scams or bs of any kind and don’t really try to help anyone because of the blow back from whatever may go wrong from any angle, having said that I could ask my guy that really does have anything and everything GTO I’ve ever seen but he’s in Michigan and he’s not into packaging and shipping because of all the issues involved. He’s pretty much a “ bring your truck/trailer & cash $” and pick it up kinda guy, if that’s something you would consider it could be done but try to find something closer to home before even considering several states travel and when you get to our lovely state the roads that evil Gretchen was supposed to fix 3-1/2 years ago will blow your mind on how bad they are 😎🤣

1 - 14 of 14 Posts