Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any had factory tint is this an option ? I hate that my windows are so clear I need to get some tint but was wondering why there is no factory tint on mine. I can tell the windows are a little dark but for example my dads 2003 tahoe comes with nice dark tint from the factory.

·
Registered
558 Posts
There's no factory tint available that I've ever heard of.

I just had my windows tinted and timed it to coincide with a warranty replacement of my rear parcel shelf. That bulky third brake light in the rear window can be a problem for tinters, so I asked the tinter at the dealership to do the job while the parcel shelf was out. Made it a lot easier for him.

·
Registered
910 Posts
GM Kid is right........no option for tinting. However if ya find the right vendor to do this for you , it shouldn't be a problem for them. I had mine done , they popped off 3rd brake light and did the job. Came out 100%.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thankfully, mine was done when I bought it...... If someone in Indy needs tint done, I know a professional that does side work for $100 per car. the tint is somewhere around the 30% range, I think. He has done several of my vehicles and have been very pleased.

·
Registered
187 Posts
johnebgoode said:
GM Kid is right........no option for tinting. However if ya find the right vendor to do this for you , it shouldn't be a problem for them. I had mine done , they popped off 3rd brake light and did the job. Came out 100%.

what did they do around the dots at the top of the rear window, got closer pics? of that?

·
Registered
49 Posts
my best friend - Im paying him 80 bucks to do the job on mine.. hes been doing it for a LONG time. 12 years at least.

80 bucks is nothing considering the job will take probably 3 hours. And that back window looks like a beast.

·
1/8 7.63 at 89.14, 60ft of 1.61
260 Posts
nineball481 said:
Thankfully, mine was done when I bought it...... If someone in Indy needs tint done, I know a professional that does side work for $100 per car. the tint is somewhere around the 30% range, I think. He has done several of my vehicles and have been very pleased.
your car really looks good with the tint!

·
1/8 7.63 at 89.14, 60ft of 1.61
260 Posts
Borsig said:
my best friend - Im paying him 80 bucks to do the job on mine.. hes been doing it for a LONG time. 12 years at least.

80 bucks is nothing considering the job will take probably 3 hours. And that back window looks like a beast.
that light in the back window can be taken out to make the window tinting easier to get to.

·
Registered
49 Posts
yea I'll pass it along to him.....

His first GTO job. He can also get me cost +15% on anything I want audio/video.

Hes pretty much an audio expert, he does Alot of custom work on Pathers player's rides, and bobacats players too. He's reccomended I leave the stock HU in it, and just replace the speakers and add an amp.

Probably going with JL speakers and I cant remember the amp he recommended.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
TEN year old thread.........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.