Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a true 67 GTO frame off restoration with upgrades of 455 engine , rebuilt TH400 tranny, no A/C ,air bags in rear, disc brakes in front only.
Has buckets and his/her shifter . Excellent condition. What is the value of this car in present market ?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't recall a 455 in 1967 as far as numbers matching??
perhaps some of the 67 GTO owners can chime in

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Looking at a true 67 GTO frame off restoration with upgrades of 455 engine , rebuilt TH400 tranny, no A/C ,air bags in rear, disc brakes in front only.
Has buckets and his/her shifter . Excellent condition. What is the value of this car in present market ?

Really? No pics, mileage, age of rebuild/restoration, what body work/replacement panels have been fitted?

Guestimate? 18K - 100K based on your info.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is my point as it is non matching engine and wanted to see if anyone know the estimated value as I described

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
8 years since frame off , 3,500 miles on engine and tranny , body lines fitted perfect , paint excellent

·
Registered
129 Posts
It's all according to what you want. If you want a higher performance than stock car, then it's worth more. If you want a numbers matching, concours condition car, then it's worth a lot less. And after 8 years and 3500 miles, a 'frame off' restoration turns into just another restoration. And some folks idea of a frame off is a lot different than others. For example; for some to do a frame off it entails completely disassembling the frame, all new suspension parts, bushings, etc. All parts painted separately, new brake and fuel lines, all fasteners replated to the correct finishes, etc. To others a frame off is just setting the car off the entire frame assembly, maybe painting the frame in it's entirety (EVERYTHING painted black). Makes a big difference.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's all according to what you want. If you want a higher performance than stock car, then it's worth more. If you want a numbers matching, concours condition car, then it's worth a lot less. And after 8 years and 3500 miles, a 'frame off' restoration turns into just another restoration. And some folks idea of a frame off is a lot different than others. For example; for some to do a frame off it entails completely disassembling the frame, all new suspension parts, bushings, etc. All parts painted separately, new brake and fuel lines, all fasteners replated to the correct finishes, etc. To others a frame off is just setting the car off the entire frame assembly, maybe painting the frame in it's entirety (EVERYTHING painted black). Makes a big difference.
Good point. If it's a proper complete frame off with all new bushings, suspension and everything replaced then it would go up in value to me. Personally, when I purchase a car I look at what will need replacing. If I have to pay 5k more for a car with 15k of new parts, then it's worth it. That's 10k of stuff I won't have to worry about replacing later. Not everyone looks at it like that, but I think it saves the buyer money in the long run.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts