Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nordschleife lap records - FastestLaps.com

This is arguably the most popular most demanding and also longest track for road-car track-days, magazine tests, prototype testing and race events. Originally, the track featured four track configurations: the 28.265 km long Gesamtstrecke ("Whole Course"), which in turn consisted of the 22.810 km Nordschleife ("Northern Loop"), and the 7.747 km Sudschleife ("Southern Loop"). There also was a 2.281 km warm-up loop called Zielschleife, around the pits area. Between 1982 and 1983 the start-finish area was demolished to create a new GP-Strecke, and this is currently used for all major and international racing events. However, the Nordschleife is still in use; nicknamed The Green Hell by Jackie Stewart, it is widely considered the toughest and most demanding purpose-built race track in the world.

Sorry, no GTO, but the Camaro SS 2010 and G8 are both in there.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
It's neat to see that the "old" C5 Z06 runs with the Ferrari F360 and beats cars like the NSX-R, 998 Porsche GT3, the C6, and the R8. It crushes cars like the Cayman S, the F550 Maranello, the M6 among others.

What's really neat to see is the Cobalt SS turbo beating cars like the Portch 996 Boxster S, the Mercedes SLK55 AMG, the Subaru WRX STI and the BMW 335i coupe.

GM really builds world class cars.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
The Nordschliefe is my favorite track to play in Gran Turismo 4. I think my best lap time is 7:02. I forget which car... I want to say an R34 GT-R.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts