Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what is the fastest anyone has gotten or seen a stock 04 and 05 GTO do in the 1/4 mile both with M6 and the A4 :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
I don't know about on stock tires, but I know some people have gotten '05's in the 12's. I have 12 second trap speed, but I just can't drive haha. I'm trapping as fast as a friend of mine that went 12.7 in a Mustang GT, but he was on some good DR's and again, he can drive. I'm hoping I can manage at least a 13.2 next weekend. But that by far isn't anywhere CLOSE to the fastest.

Some chick on Dragtimes.com went 12.8 (IIRC) stock on DR's.

EDIT: I have a 6 speed, and the girl on dragtimes had a 6 speed as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,445 Posts
I got a 12.895 at 110. It was about 60 degrees out and the air was real good. This was at Gainesville Fl.( about 100' above sea level) The last run I had there it was 85 degrees out with high humidity and I got a 13.28 at high 106 low 107. I'm cutting 2.0x 60' with the stock BFG's.
Next Wednesday it is going to be in the 60 range again so I'm heading to Gainesville. I lost the first 12.895 run time slip, and I need another one before I start modding. I am going to change the air filter, but I'm going to put a new paper one in it so it really is all stock and 12 seconds.
Anyone care to make it a Goat night out at Gville on the 26th?????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
In a BONE STOCK 05' GTO, one guy posted a 12.83 @ 108.6mph. That is with the crappy KDW tires. two previous runs were low 13's at 111mph. (kept burning the tires.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the A4 and I ran 3 times at the super chevy show one time doesn't count b/c I smoked the KDWS's down the whole 1/4 mile but other than that I only turned a 14.0 @ 98.84(still a little tire spin) is that on par for the A4's is did I get frickin screwed with a slow one. I was taching about 1400 when I before I dropped the hammer at the green I just thought that these things were faster than that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
fergyflyer said:
Anyone care to make it a Goat night out at Gville on the 26th?????
Awe man... I'd LOVE too, but I am going to SGMP up in Cecil on the 30th. Plus at SGMP I don't need a helmet haha.

Any clue when they are gonna start with the weekend T&T's again? Maybe after the first of the year sometime? That'd be a good time to organize a meet there. It'd be a blast!!

Maybe that weather will hold true for Cecil on Sunday and I can get a 12 second slip of my own!! (or at least a 110 trap!) And I get to try it on the sweet 235 Bridgestones :rolleyes:.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,445 Posts
slonlo_350 said:
Awe man... I'd LOVE too, but I am going to SGMP up in Cecil on the 30th. Plus at SGMP I don't need a helmet haha.

Any clue when they are gonna start with the weekend T&T's again? Maybe after the first of the year sometime? That'd be a good time to organize a meet there. It'd be a blast!!

Maybe that weather will hold true for Cecil on Sunday and I can get a 12 second slip of my own!! (or at least a 110 trap!) And I get to try it on the sweet 235 Bridgestones :rolleyes:.
They are doing Saturday night T&T still. I think they go to Saturday day T&T in November. I'll check Wed. and let you know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
smkdu said:
I have the A4 and I ran 3 times at the super chevy show one time doesn't count b/c I smoked the KDWS's down the whole 1/4 mile but other than that I only turned a 14.0 @ 98.84(still a little tire spin) is that on par for the A4's is did I get frickin screwed with a slow one. I was taching about 1400 when I before I dropped the hammer at the green I just thought that these things were faster than that.
I think the quicker guys are launching around 2700 rpm???
Tire pressure and temp???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LS2FAST said:
I think the quicker guys are launching around 2700 rpm???
Tire pressure and temp???
Stock tire pressure 35psi and it was between 70 -80 degrees when I did my first run of the morning it was 62 and the car smoked the whole way down strip, I let off hit it smoke and so on how did they get it to 2700 when you brake hold it at 2200 the tires start to spin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
Good question... it must be since the guys I have talked to all have M6's not Auto's. I personally have not ran my car on the 1/4 mile.... and doubt I ever will. My thing is Auto-x.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wanted a 05 GTO and had one for 3 days but my wife takes my car to the store and stuff while I sleep /c I usually park behind her and after hearing her grind gears for the third day while tring to teach her I just couldn't bring myself to punish the car for her to learn. The problem was that I would have had to wait about 6- 7 weeks to get a 05 A4 so they offered me a 04 A4 at a riddiculiously low price and paid off my trade in full with no carry over. I saved a fortune but now I'm a little p*ssed b/c I thought that the A4 was about 1-2 tenth slower not a second, can anyone tell me the problem :confused It's the first Auto trans I've ever raced unless I count my hot rod for 2 years ago(long sad story there) any help much helpful :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
Well I'd say hold it a little higher on the launch, maybe 16-1700 then just let off the brake when it goes green and slowly roll into the gas. Thats what I did with my truck (sort of). With it, I had a 3000 stall so I would hold it around 2400 or so and then do the slow roll into the gas, and it did solid 2.0's all day long on weak ass Kumhos. Now it has the stock converter in it and I can't get it to 60' for crap!! But that is beside the point.
I'd like to drive an auto if it is as hard to hook as you say it is. My 6 speed will only spin on certain surfaces once it is rolling in 1st. And at the track it hooked pretty good with just a 2500 dump.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
slonlo_350 said:
My 6 speed will only spin on certain surfaces once it is rolling in 1st. And at the track it hooked pretty good with just a 2500 dump. :eek:

That offer I made you for your 18" wheels and tires "with no burnouts" on them.............I'll pass, thanks anyways........... ;)

Craig
Lakeland, FL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LS2FAST said:
Here is a good article on GTO and 1/4 mile racing.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/features/0511htp_goat/
13.4 on an 04 damn, but that's my point he got 13.4 on a M6 and there is only supposed to be a tenth or 2 between the A4 and M6 so I should be running around 13.6-13.7 so why only a 14.0 was it b/c the car was brand new 357 miles on it or b/c I was launching to low? Oh yeah at to anyone that has a M6 the A4 will spin very easily on any surface I can not just spin them I can smoke them :cheers with the t/c off. And I didn't know that the new GTO has electric throttle control, not a big fan of that I like having a cable b/c I can fix stuff on this engine if it breaks later down the road. Great article though just wish I had more info on the A4 b/c I know sticks are usually faster but not always. All help is appreciated and I love all the info I've recieved so far, thanks to all of you who have helped. :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
vnamvet said:
That offer I made you for your 18" wheels and tires "with no burnouts" on them.............I'll pass, thanks anyways........... ;)

Craig
Lakeland, FL
Yeah, I posted twice about my trip to the track before. Plus I decided to keep the wheels until I can afford to keep them and get the wheels I really want.

However I didn't do any burnouts at the track... just for you :D. (but like I said, I have since changed my mind, sorry I never got back to you, but I figured you gave up because I was taking too long anyway).

Sorry for the quick hi-jack there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
I ran a 13.81 bone stock,that was my best of three. My worst that night was a 13.95. My goat is an auto,almost forgot that part.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1BadGoat said:
I ran a 13.81 bone stock,that was my best of three. My worst that night was a 13.95. My goat is an auto,almost forgot that part.:D
What did you do? Launch wise and so on. And do you think the weather and low launch was the issue.
 

·
Former Moderator
Joined
·
4,081 Posts
i'm pretty much stock, just MAF tube and shifter (obviously a M6). i've pulled two 13.3s (1.98 -60') off from idle with 24# in the rears and 40# in the fronts on stock tires. i've tried several variations of launch above idle and without DRs i just hop like a bunny. i can get 2.04ish 60' pretty consistently. DRs are in my future :)
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top