Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fatbitch broke,again.*PICS!!*

Well, me and a few of my cusomers went to a GTO car show this morning and on the way home one of the guys in a '68 GTO wanted a piece of Fatbitch. Well we ran and I DESTROYED him, it was horrible, anyway, we pull up to the next light and he gives me a thumbs up and ask what all I have done to it, I gave him a few specs and we conversed. The light turns green (keep in mind the d.r.'s are nice and hot now..) and he yells "Light 'em up!" so I side step the clutch at 3k or so and start roasting the tires..... she then proceeds to hook HARD and destroy the rearend!
So, needless to say Fatbitch came home via flatbed wrecker, and the teardown will start as soon as I finish this post. Pics will be up, and I'll give you guys the full story! BTW, the guy in the '68 turned before she broke so I'm a little relieved, but the sounds it makes while in gear is not very friendly.... and just think, I just got it back from grenading the tranny...... it's truley been one of those weeks! :(
P.S. For you old school guys out there, what should a '68 GTO with a mild cam, ported heads, and gears run.... guy wasn't very specific, he said he was still in shock that he got outran by a new "wannabe" GTO.....

·
Registered
356 Posts
As much as that sucks, I want to see pics of the carnage! Hope she's back soon. :willy:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, long story short... it wound up being this:
1. The right rear inner stub shaft was snapped off after twisting very hard, keep in mind that BMR says these are "the last thing to break after you upgrade the driveshaft and c.v. shafts", sh*t if my car is twisting the stub shafts now I can't imagine what it's going to break next!
2. The left rear inner stub shaft is slightly "tweaked", the right rear obviously took the brunt of it.
3. When you guys finally get some power in these cars and they hook up it feels un-fricken-believable.... until it breaks!
4. Thank god I stock the entire BMR line or I would be a very upset person right now, but I must say, they are very easy to install and they are a ton better than stock!
5. I still don't know why the hell I'm numbering all of this, it's early and I'm too lazy to re-do it so oh well.
6. This has to be a better week.....
P.S. As soon as I can get a hold of DFWGTO I'll get the rest of the pics up, for all of my local customers, I have the screwed up and twisted stub shafts here at work if you wanna come look... it's awesome! :cheers

·
Registered
590 Posts
Are you sure your dealership isn't built on top of a cemetery ? :eek:

I hope the next thing you break is the streak of badluck you've had :cheers

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
westell said:
Are you sure your dealership isn't built on top of a cemetery ? :eek:

I hope the next thing you break is the streak of badluck you've had :cheers