3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inside the diff. with the broken part still inside:

same:

driver side stub "slightly" twisted:

same:

same:

same:

passenger side stub shaft, you tell me what's wrong....

same:

.... this was done on drag radials on the street, not slicks on the track! :eek:

·
Registered
222 Posts
When they broke (after the '68 had turned the corner) did the wheels stay on and was the emergency reaction you made to not crash something you could control , or was it just a Holy $%&& and foot off gas and grind to a stop ??

Sorry to read and see...

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Xcommuter said:
When they broke (after the '68 had turned the corner) did the wheels stay on and was the emergency reaction you made to not crash something you could control , or was it just a Holy $%&& and foot off gas and grind to a stop ??

Sorry to read and see...
It was the, $^%$&^#%^D$%&$^$($&#&#%^*#%#*#%^#(&^($#&%&#$& I can't get to the parking lot! #$&#@%[email protected]%$*@#%^*#%(^%%#) my car is fecking broke again! And no the wheel didn't fall off, the axle was just laying against the diff, and then I ground to a stop. :willy:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And to add a note, BMR's stubs are by FAR better than stock! Next up, the drive shaft breaking (or will it be the c.v.'s????? someone needs to start a Fatbitch relief fund)!!!!!
Awesome stub shafts:

My next upgrades:

·
Registered
556 Posts
About how much power are you pushing to the wheels? It seems that someone who didn't have as much "fun" with the goat as you, may not have any issues with these parts, huh? :cheers

B

·
0 Posts
Stub shafts for $449.99/ea.

Heavy Duty CV Shafts for $479.99/pr.

3" Aluminum Driveshaft for $779.99
3" DOM steel for $779.99
3.5" aluminum for $879.99
3.25" carbon fiber for $1279.99

Driveshaft Loop for $84.99

I added prices from TByrne's site and although its going to be an expensive fix, you can rest assured it wont happen again!

Best of luck to you and hopefully you can get back on the streets striking fear in those who challenge ya !!!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good 2 go said:
About how much power are you pushing to the wheels? It seems that someone who didn't have as much "fun" with the goat as you, may not have any issues with these parts, huh? :cheers
Very true, you can ask anyone who knows me personally, I drive the cars I buy like I believe they were built to and if sh*t breaks I upgrade and go on.... but yes if you don't drive the car "hard" then she probably won't break. :cheers

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
big_mike said:
Stub shafts for $449.99/ea.

Heavy Duty CV Shafts for $479.99/pr.

3" Aluminum Driveshaft for $779.99
3" DOM steel for $779.99
3.5" aluminum for $879.99
3.25" carbon fiber for $1279.99

Driveshaft Loop for $84.99

I added prices from TByrne's site and although its going to be an expensive fix, you can rest assured it wont happen again!

Best of luck to you and hopefully you can get back on the streets striking fear in those who challenge ya !!!
Yeah, I'm a BMR stocking dealer so that helps a ton, she was back on the road Sunday (had the stub shafts in stock), so all is well so far. :cheers

B

·
0 Posts
Well now, that I did not know! I know who to come to now when I finally get a GTO in my garage! I hate having negative equity!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I read the new drive shaft will require minor exhaust rerouting for clearance. Thought you should know in advance.

Also, real curious to see how that drive line affects the differential, since there's no mid-joint to take up slack and torque shocks.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
danrieke said:
I read the new drive shaft will require minor exhaust rerouting for clearance. Thought you should know in advance.

Also, real curious to see how that drive line affects the differential, since there's no mid-joint to take up slack and torque shocks.
We've actually installed a few of these, the exhaust issues are on the Stainless Works 3" cat back, and it's a little noisey but it's so much better than the stock one! :cheers

·
Registered
590 Posts
I snapped a pinion gear shaft nice and clean like that in my '75 Monza Town Coupe w/ the 263 V8. Had auto tranny and until I snapped it you could rev it up to about 4 grand and drop it in. Older mechanic said he'd only see two other cars do that in over his 25 year career :D young and dumb, i was.

Spec Stage II and new fly goin' in my goat today as I write this :D

Spec says you gotta break it in about 500 miles before full throttle, launch, or speed shifts :confused

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
westell said:
I snapped a pinion gear shaft nice and clean like that in my '75 Monza Town Coupe w/ the 263 V8. Had auto tranny and until I snapped it you could rev it up to about 4 grand and drop it in. Older mechanic said he'd only see two other cars do that in over his 25 year career :D young and dumb, i was.

Spec Stage II and new fly goin' in my goat today as I write this :D

Spec says you gotta break it in about 500 miles before full throttle, launch, or speed shifts :confused
Break it in or you'll hate yourself!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts