Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My father picked up a Cosmos Purple GTO the other day. Apparently he was at the dealer having his car serviced, and made an impulse buy. He has had the car for a weekend now and absolutely loves it, he says it's the most fun he has ever had driving a car. When he called me and told me he purchased the car, I immediately started researching it on the internet. Up until now I knew nothing about the car except for a few commercials I had seen on TV. I have alwas driven foreign's all of my driving years(I guess GTO kinda is too), so I never followed the big V8 muscle scene...although it's what my father has always loved.

Anyhow since he is not the internet type and far from a mechanic, I just wanted to get some input on tips and advice about the car. First I told him about the tire pressure issues I read about on this site, and he had the dealer check that before delivery(he checked too). Now I am wondering if there is anything else I should tell him to look out for, and any other precautions.

I was all ready to purchase a Subaru WRX STi, but with all I have read about this car, I may look at an 05 GTO before making my decision. :D

BTW: Great site, and very informative.

Last thing. Are the 05's out yet? Reason being I have noticed when driving by my local dealer that some of the GTO's have hood scoops, and some don't. I just assumed those were 05's, but from reading here it seems they aren't out yet. Is this an optional dealer add on with 04's?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I think I heard here that dealers will take 05 orders, but my sales guy thinks they won't be arriving until around Dec. The lag is probably due to the shipping time from Australia. Is that what you're hearing Brian?

---Larry

·
Registered
109 Posts
Production should be underway by now, but we won't see any 05's untill mid December. The factory 05' hoods are open to the engine bay, but not connected to the air intake in any way. Not yet anyhow. ;)

·
Registered
159 Posts
We should try to use the two openings on the front facia to do some type of intake... very straight flow to the engine and it will give you a reason to put a mesh grill on... those things look cool! :cool

I saw one aroudn my neighborhood with a mesh grill so don't ask me where to find one...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts