Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Overall my favorite year is a blue 66.

For me the best looking body style is not the GTO, but a 66 lemans. None of these years / colors match what I currently own. Those 66's once restored, are just about everything I like in a vintage car, all tied up in one package..... (absolutely beautiful, with all the styling cues I desire out of a automobile from this era).

In my own opinion this Year/ model /color combo is the most beautiful styled car Pontiac has ever produced. I'm sure others will disagree, and that's a good thing.

If I could build myself a perfect Pontiac, Id pic a 67 gto grill, a 64 interior, the 67 lemans quarter panels, the clean lines of the 67 Gto front fenders and a 66 lemans rear end.

What would be your perfect "Monster" crossed packaged model year Pontiac?

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
LOL, i have a Barrier Blue 66' with the 65' interior, i like the Crescent rear taillights better than the GTO slots too and even added the LeMans specific tailpiece with the PONTIAC on it. Also prefer the 67' grills and header panel. Always thought the 66'-67''s front end looked like a hammerhead shark so the LeMans gills seemed to fit.

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
65 GTO with 71 hood scoops and 1970 interior, 455 HO powerplant and 06 GTO trans and suspension.

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
A Verdoro Green '67 GTO raqtop with a parchment '66 GTO interior and white top. I like the '66 Tempest/Lemans tail lights better than the GTO's of that year, too. But in '67, the GTO has better rear lights than the '67 Tempest, which are simple boring squares. Funny how some colors look killer, but only on some years, and vice versa. I like Mayfair Maize on a '65, but not on a '68, etc. Pretty much all the Pontiac blues are winners, as well as the darker colors. Never was a fan of the golds or beiges or tans, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts