Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Fender Stripes

5K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Stephen Hopkins 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Not my thing, either. That said, they remind me of the factory stripes from the Corvette Grand Sport plus the 1971 Plymouth Road Runner and GTX.

The best stripe package, by far, are the stereo stripes Holden is putting on the special edition Monaros. Those work really well -- especially with the '05 hood with the scoops.

#4 ·
b_a_betterperson said:
Not my thing, either. That said, they remind me of the factory stripes from the Corvette Grand Sport plus the 1971 Plymouth Road Runner and GTX.

The best stripe package, by far, are the stereo stripes Holden is putting on the special edition Monaros. Those work really well -- especially with the '05 hood with the scoops.
Any pics of those?

#8 ·
Light/Dark grey would looks nice with yellow! Reminds me of 1996 Corvette Grand Sport...think it was blue with white strips?

#9 ·
Something just not right with those stripes; can't put my finger on it.

Ultimately, it's your car and your choice.

IMHO, with the '05 and '06 hoods the wide stripes that pick up the raised surface of the Ram Air would maybe look good. Some of the older Chevelles, 1970 vintage had those.

Again, it would be nice to see one before buying the kit (if it existed)

#11 ·
Gran Sport stripes don't belong on C5s or F-Bodies. They do, however, belong on '96 (C4) Corvette Gran Sports (Blue Body, White Racing Stripes, Red Fender Stripes). I definitely wouldn't put them on a GTO unless MAYBE you had Impulse Blue and did it in red along w/ the white racing stripes... even then it would probably look a little rice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.