Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Minding my own business when this 550 tries cuts into my lane past a solid white line. I quickly accelerate knowing that he wouldn't want to trade paint with a lessor car.

I let him hear the rev limiter. He looks angry, gets behind me and repeats the slow down and accelerate on my ass.

Judging from my rear view mirror his 550 is indeed pretty fast.

I responded on his last acceleration jester by opening up and I started to slowly pull away from him. His car sounds like a jet engine at WOT.

I slowed down and let him have it a few times until he got the message.

When we got to the light I rolled my windows down and ask him what sorta mods does he have in his SS Camaro and rolled my window up while he was trying to respond.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Nice kill!
About time someone runs with a Ferrari, especially a V12.

I believe these are mid 12 second cars. Nice one to add to the list.

·
Registered
172 Posts
[/QUOTE]

no offence to anyone or myself, doesnt really matter what you did or who won, hes driving a timeless classic ferrari, and we are driving goats (nothing wrong with that, just cant really compare). his will be worth a mill in 10 years, ours will be worth 50-60 G at best.. big difference. sad but true. :(

·
Registered
121 Posts
that and the GTO is named after an old Ferrari

·
Registered
377 Posts
Nice, he trys to cut you off then does the little act behind you. Classic.

Great line at the end, btw.

his will be worth a mill in 10 years, ours will be worth 50-60 G at best.. big difference. sad but true. :(
Actually more like 80k and 10k. The GTOs are not going to appreciate, at all.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Nice, he trys to cut you off then does the little act behind you. Classic.

Great line at the end, btw.

Actually more like 80k and 10k. The GTOs are not going to appreciate, at all.
the 550 maranello costs in the 60-100 range right now. it is roughly 10 years old, at age 20, it will appreciate in cost, so a mill might be an exagaration, but a few hundred is a sure bet. the gto is going to appreciate in 20-25 years, maybe, depending on what will be left of the world, gm, and american performence cars..

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I doubt the 550 will go up in value..... in our lifetime (which is what really matters).

The numbers of 550 that they made and the fact that the car didn't really have any special performance numbers and looks will hhurt it.

Also, at the rate that they are making the sequence of replacements with much improved technologies and performance will hurt it as well.

Look at the 25th anniversary Countach. On the last year that it was made, everyone thought that it would go up in value to $500k.

Riiiiight.

·
Registered
172 Posts
i see your point, but for some reason cars like porsche, ferarri, lambo, maserati, bugatti, bentley etc, have an odd tendency to go from top dollas as new, to cheap when 15-22 years old and top dollar again at 25-30 again.. any model. prices and appreciation varies of course.. but the idea stands.

·
Registered
377 Posts
the 550 maranello costs in the 60-100 range right now. it is roughly 10 years old, at age 20, it will appreciate in cost, so a mill might be an exagaration, but a few hundred is a sure bet.
The only 550 that will appreciate to a few hundred is the GT1 LeMans winner. The rest, no way.

the gto is going to appreciate in 20-25 years, maybe, depending on what will be left of the world, gm, and american performence cars

If it does it will be along with every other rear drive domestic V8.

LOLLERSKATES :lol:

More than your Harley...
Wah! Pretty funny poncho. I'll take my 35% depreciation. What color is your bike?

Yeah, thought so.

·
Registered
208 Posts
no offence to anyone or myself, doesnt really matter what you did or who won, hes driving a timeless classic ferrari, and we are driving goats (nothing wrong with that, just cant really compare). his will be worth a mill in 10 years, ours will be worth 50-60 G at best.. big difference. sad but true. :(
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Whatever your smoking can I have some!? If your goat is going to be worth 50-60k in 10 years then I guess my C5 will be worth around 100k in 10 years. :rolleyes: Only thing I agree with you is that the Ferrari is a timeless classic.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Wah! Pretty funny poncho. I'll take my 35% depreciation. What color is your bike?

Yeah, thought so.
Try 50%+... look at Craigslist. Resale on Harleys is absolutely terrible. I come from a family of Harley riders, so I know whats up. Motorcycles are boring, what's the point in owning the same softail/electraglide with loud obnoxious pipes as everyone else? It's rebellious, in a conformist sort of way.

·
Registered
172 Posts
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Whatever your smoking can I have some!? If your goat is going to be worth 50-60k in 10 years then I guess my C5 will be worth around 100k in 10 years. :rolleyes: Only thing I agree with you is that the Ferrari is a timeless classic.
i might have the years a "bit" off.. maybe more like 30+ years... :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Oh Gawd where do I start?

Try 50%+... look at Craigslist. Resale on Harleys is absolutely terrible.
Best resale of any motorcycle brand to my knowledge. It isn't 50% in my area, per Craigslist.

Motorcycles are boring,
Now that is an internet classic! :rofl:

what's the point in owning the same softail/electraglide with loud obnoxious pipes as everyone else? .
Considering the rarest Harley is one left completely stock and the customization is endless from pegs to handlebars, seats to wheels....hardly any two are alike, at all.

Well, if you need an explanation, you'll never get it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts