Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I was exiting off of I-395 onto the Montivelle Conn. and then, to my surprise, a pre 03 Cobra pulls along side of me. I would say the Cobra was a least a 2001. The exaust was definately not stock and was extremely loud. The guy was about middle age (my age) and looked over at me from the left lane with a big grin on his face. I look back at him and returned the :D . We both nail it from a 45mph roll to about 115mph. We were side by side till I shifted to 4th, then thats when I started to slightly pull. The light up ahead changed to red and we both had to back off. I had him by maybe a 1\4 off a car length. Very close race.

B

·
0 Posts
THIS, boys and girls, is why a GTO owner should never race another opponent while leaving the car in 6th. Makes the other guy think he had a chance. either START in 3rd and let him have it, or dont race at all.....

:rofl: :seeya:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
big_mike said:
THIS, boys and girls, is why a GTO owner should never race another opponent while leaving the car in 6th. Makes the other guy think he had a chance. either START in 3rd and let him have it, or dont race at all.....

:rofl: :seeya:
:lol: I hope no one would try to race their GTO in 6th gear. Third gear is a good place to start if your rpm's are at least 4,000 in third.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts