Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after over a year of looking, I finally got my GTO! I just got back from Iraq last week and have been looking for a red 6speed. The closest dealer to even have ONE was 45 minutes away and it was an 05 quicksilver. (I'm in NC). My wife actually wanted a new bmw 3 series, but after test driving the gto, there was no way I was going to get something else. I absolutely fell in love with it and couldn't believe the power. Well, the dealer couldn't find a red 6M anywhere, and was willing to make a deal on the silver. I played along, thinking I really wanted the red, but after working it down to 27700, I had to take it. I am extremely happy with it, and after detailing it all morning, I am very happy with the silver as well. It really shines up well and will be much less of a cop magnet. Bottom line is that driving it is so much fun, and the engine is so incredible, that color actually took a step down in my priorities. I still can't believe i got this car for the same price as my base 350Z two years ago.
I look forward to being on the forum. Thanks for all the help already.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Congrats on the purchase USMC Pat. It gets even better as that LS2 gets broken in, the suspension loosens up, etc.

Welcome back from Iraq. THANK YOU for your service! ...and double thanks to your wife too. (1) for giving up on the BMW M3 and (2) for the sacrifices she has made while you were freedom fighting and country building!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Russ2005 said:
Congrats on the purchase USMC Pat. It gets even better as that LS2 gets broken in, the suspension loosens up, etc.

Welcome back from Iraq. THANK YOU for your service! ...and double thanks to your wife too. (1) for giving up on the BMW M3 and (2) for the sacrifices she has made while you were freedom fighting and country building!
:agree :agree :agree :D :party:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Congrats and welcome home........we used to live in Wilmington so I know your area well. I've got the silver model too and wouldn't dream of any other color. Now get some nice CHROME wheels for that bad boy........:cheers

JET

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.