Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2009 Liquid Red G8 yesterday for the wife. She really loves the car. There was a used 2009 G8 GXP next to it, we checked that one out and its nice. The wife allready eyeballed the tail lights on the GXP and said she wants those on her car. Ride and handles nice, cool car to drive.

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
Very nice GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife is afraid of having a G8

Afraid she'll lose her license as she has this need for speed
Afraid our insurance will go up cause she said there is no way she can drive it at slower speeds
Afraid of getting addicted to the performance and not being able to control herself.

She's driven one and loved it. Her "afraidness" prevented her from pulling the trigger on an 06 SRM GTO A4 too..... if she'd a bought that, well, by now court costs insurance rates etc and her not having a license would be driving ME nuts.

Congrats on it.... Damn nice car!

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Looks like a nice car for a road trip.

Congrats.

Ended up with a flight by the way. Roundtrip non-stop each way for $239 including taxes. I'll get into Vegas on Sunday and be there till Wednesday. Couldn't pass that deal up even with how much I like to drive.

What type of a deal did you get???

A dealer close to me had a GXP advertised at 29,999. I showed up with my checkbook and it was sold.

·
Registered
465 Posts
very cool! my dad got the exact G8 he was looking for (brand new, '09, GXP, white, red inserts, sunroof, manual) for 35k, and its a hell of a car for the price. I smile evertime i see one. congrats.

is that 6cyl pretty good on gas?

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife is afraid of having a G8

Afraid she'll lose her license as she has this need for speed
Afraid our insurance will go up cause she said there is no way she can drive it at slower speeds
Afraid of getting addicted to the performance and not being able to control herself.

She's driven one and loved it. Her "afraidness" prevented her from pulling the trigger on an 06 SRM GTO A4 too..... if she'd a bought that, well, by now court costs insurance rates etc and her not having a license would be driving ME nuts.

Congrats on it.... Damn nice car!
Thanks JUDGE! My wife is scared of the GT, she will probly wreck before getting pulled over for speeding.
Beautiful addition to the herd.

Big question: Who gets the garage spot? :rolleyes:
Thanks. I offered her to park in the garage but she declined, but we'll see how long that last. What sux around here the wind blows constantly, so it blows neigbors sprinklers on your car. That and the hard water is crappy.
Looks like a nice car for a road trip.

Congrats.

Ended up with a flight by the way. Roundtrip non-stop each way for $239 including taxes. I'll get into Vegas on Sunday and be there till Wednesday. Couldn't pass that deal up even with how much I like to drive.

What type of a deal did you get???

A dealer close to me had a GXP advertised at 29,999. I showed up with my checkbook and it was sold.
Thanks. Well it was a used 09 company car the blue book was around $22K ish we got it for $19k.
very cool! my dad got the exact G8 he was looking for (brand new, '09, GXP, white, red inserts, sunroof, manual) for 35k, and its a hell of a car for the price. I smile evertime i see one. congrats.

is that 6cyl pretty good on gas?
For 35k that is a hell of a deal. The GXP parked next to ours is around $36k with about 9K on the clock. I'm not sure how it is on the gas, I didn't figure out how to set up the car before we left the dealership. I had a hard time trying to figure out how to open the gas door:lol: I'll post up when I get to drive it alittle more.
My neighbor just picked up a new G8 GT OTD 26K.
Yeah the GT's are going for $23k-$26K depending on mileage. I can't have a GT because the mods will start all over again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts