Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, gang, after several months of debating whether to get a GTO and reading a TON of posts here, I bit the bullet today and got the Torrid Red M6 with 18" wheels. With the 0% financing and GMS pricing, I figured if I was ever going to get one, now is the time. I'm still in a little bit of shock that I actually bought one... and so is my wife. :eek: But what the hey, you only live once! So I guess that makes me an official member now!

KB

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TexasAggie said:
GMS and 0%=worked for me too. At least you HAVE yours. Mine arrives at the end of the month.:cool

Yeah, for me that was the only way I could pull it off. And that was still stretching the budget a bit, but it'll work out. What are you getting?

KB

·
Registered
275 Posts
kegbelly said:
Yeah, for me that was the only way I could pull it off. And that was still stretching the budget a bit, but it'll work out. What are you getting?

KB
Black, M6, red interior, 18 inch rims. Now I'm insurance shopping. Looks like $98 a month for both vehicles is the best I can find for TX (USAA).

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TexasAggie said:
Black, M6, red interior, 18 inch rims. Now I'm insurance shopping. Looks like $98 a month for both vehicles is the best I can find for TX (USAA).
Cool! $98 a month for two vehicles? That sounds pretty good. My GTO alone is gonna run close to $550 every 6 months, and I have an outstanding driving record... no tickets, no claims, multi-vehicle discount, etc. Depends a lot on where you live I guess.

KB

·
Registered
455 Posts
Grats on your purchase. The 0% financing is pretty nice--I was kind of bummed I bought mine when I did when I heard of that. Oh well. :D

As to your wife, unless she's a horrid driver, maybe you ought to let her drive it some. That might endear her to it--but she might start borrowing it often, too. ;)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Clueless said:
Grats on your purchase. The 0% financing is pretty nice--I was kind of bummed I bought mine when I did when I heard of that. Oh well. :D

As to your wife, unless she's a horrid driver, maybe you ought to let her drive it some. That might endear her to it--but she might start borrowing it often, too. ;)
Actually she's a good driver, and drives a manual trans very well. We've got a '94 Formula 6-speed that we bought new, so she's no stranger to shifting gears. She was just kind of bummed that I opted for another manual trans, she would have preferred the auto. It didn't help matters when I goosed it and snapped her head back against the headrest rather unexpectedly. It, um, sort of teed her off. She wasn't having her best day that day. Sorry, Honey, but did you feel the POWER??? :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.