Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Jet, ur right, 0 miles, still working on front suspension. I converted from manual to disc brakes from Inline Tube, they promised it would work with 14 inch wheels, they said the kit was from a 68 GTO but you are probably right.

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Thanks Jet, ur right, 0 miles, still working on front suspension. I converted from manual to disc brakes from Inline Tube, they promised it would work with 14 inch wheels, they said the kit was from a 68 GTO but you are probably right.
That is the correct master/booster for a '67. It's the same set-up I got from them for my '67 GTO. Curious if In-Line supplied original 4 piston calipers with that '68 kit, as that is what would be correct. SOME 14" wheels will work with the early disc brakes, but they need to have been built after August '66 for the introduction of the discs on the '67 models.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is the correct master/booster for a '67. It's the same set-up I got from them for my '67 GTO. Curious if In-Line supplied original 4 piston calipers with that '68 kit, as that is what would be correct. SOME 14" wheels will work with the early disc brakes, but they need to have been built after August '66 for the introduction of the discs on the '67 models.
Too Many, it looks like a single piston about 2 to 2 1/2 in diam.

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Too Many, it looks like a single piston about 2 to 2 1/2 in diam.
I kind of figured they were single piston. That is '69 up and will actually be better than the 4 piston calipers, which were somewhat troublesome. However, the 4 piston disc brakes were an actual option in '67 and are "correct" for your car, if you are concerned about that.

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Most Drum/Disc combos have dif size front/rear master cylinder volume. Hmm, thought that was Vette only, guess I just don't know. Still looks really nice.
The rear compartment for the rear drums is half the size of the front. You just can't tell from the outside. GM went to the boxy, obviously differentiated master in '70. Personally, I love the look of this master. It flows so much smoother in the compartment.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To Many, would be nice if they were correct but the main thing is that they stop better. Bought the car for the wife, I get to work on it and she gets to drive it.

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
To Many, would be nice if they were correct but the main thing is that they stop better. Bought the car for the wife, I get to work on it and she gets to drive it.
As long as the calipers aren't an issue for you, they are a better brake than the 4 piston with zero seizure issues.

I WISH my wife had ANY interest in my cars, let alone wanted to drive one....:eek: You are a lucky man, indeed....:cool

1 - 13 of 13 Posts