Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a lot of threads about '04 and '05 GTO's racing '05 Mustang GT's (mostly on ls1gto), but have never had the pleasure of coming across one yet, UNTIL TONIGHT!!

I got off work early tonight and decided to do a little cruisin' before I went home. As I am sitting at a 4way stoplight waiting to turn left, I see a limeish greenish GT go through the intersection ( I think he ran the red). Anyways, left geen arrow pops up and after about 10 minutes of following, I eventually catch a light with him. I pull along side and give him a nod and see that he is with his wife/girlfriend, he nodded back and we just waited for that light in the sky to turn green. Finally she does and I waitfor him to jump. Jump he does and I don't think I have ever hit 90 so fast in my life! I had pullled on his 1 car lead by the time he hit 2nd and from there on he only saw the 6.0 badge, but he had to have binoculars because I was way up there :) .

We meet at the next light and his first words are:
"That thing stock?"
Yeah
"How much Horsepower?"
400 (yeah I know at the fly, but I love saying that #)
"That's why!"
Yeah, it's the gotta have it factor. :D (He smiles) Being the nice guy I am, I mention, Win or lose that's a nice lookin GT you have.
"Thanks man, you too!" and on our separate ways we went.

Long post, but I am stoked that I finally ran one, plus the guy being cool and not a tool.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Phantom05 said:
I have read a lot of threads about '04 and '05 GTO's racing '05 Mustang GT's (mostly on ls1gto), but have never had the pleasure of coming across one yet, UNTIL TONIGHT!!

I got off work early tonight and decided to do a little cruisin' before I went home. As I am sitting at a 4way stoplight waiting to turn left, I see a limeish greenish GT go through the intersection ( I think he ran the red). Anyways, left geen arrow pops up and after about 10 minutes of following, I eventually catch a light with him. I pull along side and give him a nod and see that he is with his wife/girlfriend, he nodded back and we just waited for that light in the sky to turn green. Finally she does and I waitfor him to jump. Jump he does and I don't think I have ever hit 90 so fast in my life! I had pullled on his 1 car lead by the time he hit 2nd and from there on he only saw the 6.0 badge, but he had to have binoculars because I was way up there :) .

We meet at the next light and his first words are:
"That thing stock?"
Yeah
"How much Horsepower?"
400 (yeah I know at the fly, but I love saying that #)
"That's why!"
Yeah, it's the gotta have it factor. :D (He smiles) Being the nice guy I am, I mention, Win or lose that's a nice lookin GT you have.
"Thanks man, you too!" and on our separate ways we went.

Long post, but I am stoked that I finally ran one, plus the guy being cool and not a tool.
Aint it cool! Good for you. The heartbeat, the adrenaline. ahhhh. Hopefully some Tool doesnt rain on your parade with thier dribble about killin stangs.

·
Registered
83 Posts
JMVorbeck said:
Aint it cool! Good for you. The heartbeat, the adrenaline. ahhhh. Hopefully some Tool doesnt rain on your parade with thier dribble about killin stangs.
ATTA BOY Phantom!........and JMV :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Wow that's pretty cool. Most Mustang drivers are asses and refuse to believe they lost just because all the magazines say their cars are better. I love when you manage to run across one whose cool like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts