Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Sweet

Expand the picture to full size, right click on the picture, select properties, copy the URL,
select
on the tool bar while posting, paste the url to the address line on the pop-up window. select OK and then select submit below.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Nice looking car, but is it a true GTO? The pics of the rear show a trunk w/o emblem and tail panel that says automatic. I have seen that alot on the Lemans. To be a true GTO it has a vin # beginning with 242, Lemans is 237. Still a nice looking car.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
FYI,

05b 1; Your car was built the 2nd week of May, 1967,
ST-67-24217; Pontiac GTO hardtop
TR 223-b; black bucket seats
Paint A-2 Starlight Black with a black vinyl top
Pon19375; Your car was the 19,375th 24217 built in Pontiac,MI
2ZG; 3 speed automatic transmission with console
5Y; Deluxe front seat belts

What is the engine code, that may explain the Automatic badge on the back of the car. It could be part of a package for xm, yz or xp engines.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
I think we have had this conversation before, but

YZ is the automatic version of the 400 H.O., this engine came from the factory with 360HP, Total production for the H.O. engine was 13,827. In 67 the big 3 were all touting the 4 speeds in their H.O. muscle cars and it was not as common to find the H.O. in an automatic, That may explain the badge to identify the H.O. automatics.

It looks like you have a good car to restore, I suggest contacting PHS and having the car documented. All information you have shared suggest the car is a numbers matching GTO.

Good luck,

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
we did talk about this in the previous thread. It is PHS documented and now I'm just shopping around for a good restoration shop and trying to figure how much it is going to cost to restore it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.