Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what i hear there are still some new 05's sitting on lots out there with some damn good incentives. What would be the best way to go about locating these. I'm in the market for a new gto and would like to get the best possible deal so i can start saving for a magna charger ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
If and when you find out please PM me I would love to snag one too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
noz34me said:
Check out LS1 GTO forum; there's a guy over there saying he paid $24,500 for a new '05. It was in Idaho- - - although I paid less, it was only through 5 years of GM Card points- - best deal I had seen till then was mine at $26,000.

Wow $26?? that is awesome and the price I am looking for... The dealerships with 05 around me have only quoted me at 28,500 so far... and thats not going to fly... I'll just get my step dad to help out since all he has ever own were GM's, maybe that will drop the price a lil:confused
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,083 Posts
cgvalant said:
Wow $26?? that is awesome and the price I am looking for... The dealerships with 05 around me have only quoted me at 28,500 so far... and thats not going to fly... I'll just get my step dad to help out since all he has ever own were GM's, maybe that will drop the price a lil:confused
I'm in VA. I couldn't get NC dealerships I called to budge much either. Ended up buying mine from NY dealership, and they met me in PA. Good Luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
After I made the above post I did find some inventory in Texas mostly A4 I really want a M6. If I can get a 05 GTO for 26K I will pull the triger. If anyone could I would like to know all the Who, What Where, When, Why and how on the GTO.

I test drove a couple last year. I was very impressed with the overall build quility Esp the Int. The engine and 6-speed were to die for, the brakes and handling I thought were just ok.

I came away thinking this was or could be a real monster if the right kinda Mods were applyed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
CMD said:
According to this...there are quite a few cars in my area still available in 05. If you look at the prices though the 05's are going for 34,xxx and the 06's are going for 33,xxx.

Those prices arent accurate... call the dealership up and ask about the car... around my area, they are trying to get 05's for 28,500, but I am sure you can go lower.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,083 Posts
cgvalant said:
Those prices arent accurate... call the dealership up and ask about the car... around my area, they are trying to get 05's for 28,500, but I am sure you can go lower.[/QUOTE

:agree
What you're seeing on the BuyPower website is MSRP, and GM lowered MSRP on the '06 models. Unfortunately, according to dealers, they didn't lower the invoice, so they're put the onus on the dealerships for the low prices- -

Still, use the buypower website, and plug in some arbitrary zip codes from areas you're willing to travel to, then call the dealerships (they usually have a buypower manager) and start the negotiations.

For me, it came down to pulling the trigger on buying as inventory of the color, transmission combinations I was OK with was dwindling. In my area for instance, there are very few M6 '05's left; lots of A4's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
All the 05 A4 are still there because of the 1300.00 Gas Guzzler Tax.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
cgvalant said:
This is true, although one dealer who had 05's on the lot was telling me the other day that A4's are starting to sell cheaper than the M6's because there are so very few M6's left.
You maybe right, after doing a search on used 05 GTO I found two m6 and about 12 A4's But all the A4's are sselling for more the the M6. What do you think of a 05 with 5800 miles selling for 25800?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
MLegere said:
You maybe right, after doing a search on used 05 GTO I found two m6 and about 12 A4's But all the A4's are sselling for more the the M6. What do you think of a 05 with 5800 miles selling for 25800?

Thats not bad at all... I am probably going to get a low miles 05 with about 6000 miles also... unless I can get a new 05 for 26,500 I will get one used... That price isnt bad at all, around here I found an 05 with 2000 miles on it for 25, but it was from florida and was sold to an auction right after one of the hurricanes hit... so I decided that wouldnt be a good car to get.

What color you trying to get?? I would love to get the blue, but I think I'll be getting red since it is hard to find used blue ones
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
cgvalant said:
Thats not bad at all... I am probably going to get a low miles 05 with about 6000 miles also... unless I can get a new 05 for 26,500 I will get one used... That price isnt bad at all, around here I found an 05 with 2000 miles on it for 25, but it was from florida and was sold to an auction right after one of the hurricanes hit... so I decided that wouldnt be a good car to get.

What color you trying to get?? I would love to get the blue, but I think I'll be getting red since it is hard to find used blue ones

I would have to agree. As for color Black on Red, Red on Black, Blue on Blue
in that order.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,083 Posts
cgvalant said:
This is true, although one dealer who had 05's on the lot was telling me the other day that A4's are starting to sell cheaper than the M6's because there are so very few M6's left.
Don't want to start a flame war between M6 & A4, but here's a little bit of information relayed to me when I was car shopping:

Early January, had decided to buy a CrossFire, since it didn't seem like I could make a deal on a GTO. (Yes they're different animals, but I liked them both, and either was just going to be a toy for my wife and me). Anyhow, in talking to the sales manager, told me he just traded in an '05 GTO. To make a long story longer, he called the local Pontiac dealership to get some information on value. The first thing the Pontiac guy asked was "Auto or Manual? If it's auto, I'm not interested, they don't move, if it's a manual, then yeah, it's worth $_ _ _ _ _."

Kind of strange, because usually auto command a higher price, but then again, this is a muscle car more or less, and the fact there are (new) so many autos vs. manuals left for sale must say something. I think using the buypower and plugging in my zip code, I get about 4 or 5 manuals, and 21 autos that pop up.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top