Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Grandpa is wanting to find his GTO, he special ordered it while he was working at Wright Motors Pontiac. He then traded it back in at Wright Motor for a Cadillac, were it sat on the lot for a whole day before it was sold. The dealer ship JUST now got rid of all there old documents so that screws us. He thought he still had the build sheet but it was miss placed so we don't know the VIN. Any ideas on what steps to take? Neither the BMV or insurance records go back that far either. Also I wonder if PHS could find the records for the car with any info beside the VIN?:confused

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
My Grandpa is wanting to find his GTO, he special ordered it while he was working at Wright Motors Pontiac. He then traded it back in at Wright Motor for a Cadillac, were it sat on the lot for a whole day before it was sold. The dealer ship JUST now got rid of all there old documents so that screws us. He thought he still had the build sheet but it was miss placed so we don't know the VIN. Any ideas on what steps to take? Neither the BMV or insurance records go back that far either. Also I wonder if PHS could find the records for the car with any info beside the VIN?:confused

I tried to find the 1967 GTO I owned and sold in the Seventies. I put my story on GTO Alley (GTO Alley - Pontiac GTO Website) a few years ago. I don't have the VIN either. No luck so far. That's the only way I know to try to find your Grandpa's car. Good luck.

·
Registered
212 Posts
How about putting an ad in the GTOAA club newsletter with the vin and goat your looking for? Also a local chapter in your area and put an ad in their mailing? Also can put ads in Hemmings, High Performance Pontiac and see what happens..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts