Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well took my son to the 22nd Annual Automotive Extravaganza in Johnston RI put on by The Rhode Island Street Rodding Association and took home 1st place in the modified stock 1960-1969 division (maybe 20 -25 cars):party:
The judging is done by the other car entrants, you sign up and you get your info and they hand you a slip and you pick your favorite for 3 different divisions that they assign to you.So its a car show judged by car owners, which I thought was pretty cool. The car was VERY well received getting lots of compliments and some interest in making some custom carbon parts.

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
Well took my son to the 22nd Annual Automotive Extravaganza in Johnston RI put on by The Rhode Island Street Rodding Association and took home 1st place in the modified stock 1960-1969 division (maybe 20 -25 cars):party:
The judging is done by the other car entrants, you sign up and you get your info and they hand you a slip and you pick your favorite for 3 different divisions that they assign to you.So its a car show judged by car owners, which I thought was pretty cool. The car was VERY well received getting lots of compliments and some interest in making some custom carbon parts.
Congratulations, :cheers

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
:party: :cheers Nice to know there are still people out there that know there are other makes and models of cars other than Camaros. Thats just about all that win awards at area car shows here.

Score one for Pontiac.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys- could not have done it without the help I received on this forum. So this is a win for everyone here :cheers. I think my son was a little more excited than me when they announced me as first place - letting out a loud "YES!!!!!" and running full speed to the trophy (he's 10). later on on the ride home he asks " Hey dad, do I get this car when you die???" I said " Of course you do- but don't get any ideas...":rofl:

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Very cool Crusty, bet you and him will have lots of moments to remember in that car and he will appreciate it and love it just like you and help build another generation of Pontiac fans. My 18 year old daughter has already claimed the Tempest as "hers", the scary thing is she has her license....told her new Drivers Education is required for this car. Like i tell my daughter you get the house the cars and the business....and all the bills that go with them....:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts