Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It still needs wheels and tires, and of course there are some issues to work out before it's truly drivable. For instance, I goosed it just a touch and it threw all the belts :D so I've got some aligning to do (I found a cool way to actually check it that I wish I'd known about when I was building it). Shifter needs some fine adjusting, something ain't right with the power steering, and it needs a front end alignment... but hey, I'm just a tad bit excited !!!!

Bear

·
Registered
221 Posts
SWEET!! It's only been seven years for me, but I can't wait untill the "second" first test drive!! I've got about a year or so left. That car looks laser straight!:cheers

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
That's GREAT, Bear. Who's the clean cut guy in the driver's seat??? ;) The paint looks excellent and the body panels look straight.....no way to fake that in the open sunshine! I was wondering: is his VOE open or closed? Sounds mean and raspy, like all bad a$$ Pontiacs do.....CONGRATS on a job very well done, all by yourself.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Very Nice, Bear. I was going to say the same thing Jeff. His sig must be from back when???????

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Congratulations. The fact that you did all of it yourself is a feather in your cap. Also, the look on your face tells the whole story..........Good luck.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Hell yeah! Grats on your progress! I'm months away (I hope). I bet your heart is as loud as the engine on these first drives!

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Bear, that thing is AWESOME !! Great job, looks spectacular and sounds badd @$#. You should be quite proud.

Thanks so much for sharing your pictures, and detailed descriptions of how you did it with us GTOforum board members. At least for my son and I, it has contributed greatly to our ability to revive a defunct '72 GTO.

The car looks great, I can't hope for my bodywork to come out nearly as smooth as that. I can't believe you did that in your garage!!!

INcredible. Have fun smoothing out whatever "issues" are left. Know there will always be something.

Thanks again for your contributions to the GTO community through these forum posts. It's meant the world to me. Any chance you could post another link to your comprehensive photo archive? I seem to have lost the address but there's a lot of good stuff there. I installed my oil restrictors using that stuff!

Car looks and sounds Great Bear!

Dave

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
OUTSTANDING!!!!.....man that has to get your blood pumping after all that hard work (did mine). Enjoy the fruits of your labor Bear you earned every minute and did that old Poncho proud.....bet its better than you ever envisioned it 25 years ago.....:cheers

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Incredible !!! That is a huge accomplishment...:cool

You're one of the few I've seen over the years who didn't go spend a huge chunk of change on wheels and tires while the car was still a dream and then struggle to get it back on the road. Now that it's drivable, you have time to look at options on the car for real and decide what you like best.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
BEAR, Sounds great VOE open or closed.....at :15 on the video, it looks like you are about to take out your first mail box!!!!!.....Oh, yeah, 1 more thing, "Don't call me "Baby" if you want me to ride withyou....":rofl::party: CONGRATS,IT'S A BEAUTY!!!!, Eric:cheers :cheers

1 - 20 of 59 Posts