Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and the youngest daughter pulled the Tempest out for a bath Friday as the weather topped 50 for the first time in a while. Had a bunch of running for work and she spent the day with me tooling around in the Old Pontiac. Need to savor them while they are around with one getting married this year and the other entering her final year in college. She had to take some pics for a course so i thought i would share. We were hoping to get down by the lake for a more scenic view but were having too much fun driving...LOL. Here is the Old Girl waiting patiently for her space to get done in her new home.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a few more...Washed her down with dawn to strip all the wax, time for a color sand and buff in the next few weeks

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys....and gal. On the Improvement list this year is GTO hood and Dual quads w/ functional Ram Air. I have new GTO rocker trim with fender and quarter trim. Also i need to put in an X-pipe and weld the exhaust pipes up. I will be sending the bumpers out for a re-chrome but that will wait for next winter so it doesn't effect my driving time.

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Yeah, I noticed the plates too. Excellent. I've always liked the looks of the '66 Tempest/LeMans tail lights. Better than the GTO that year, and much better than the '67 Tempest/Lemans. Love the way the car sits/looks. I would of been proud to drive it looking like that in 1969, 1979, or 2009 (or now). Timeless.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Oh hey look, MY car looks so pretty! ;)
Atta girl!

Man, whoever took those pictures must be a pro! hahaha
Nice pix............

Need to savor them while they are around with one getting married this year and the other entering her final year in college.
I hear ya. My daughter is going to be a senior in HS next year.... Where did that time go?? :(

We still have way too much salt/sand on the roads yet. Yard is still white too.... Gonna be awhile.......

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah it's cool that she still likes to hang around with Dad enough to spend a few hours detailing the car on a 50 degree day. Still working up to letting her drive it on the street...LOL, for now we go to the Metro Park for a closed course.

GeeTee, i love the crescent taillights too, and though the center piece was a Lemans upgrade i think it finishes the Fluted look of the console nicely to pull the whole thing together, and the license plate surrounds match.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Yeah it's cool that she still likes to hang around with Dad enough to spend a few hours detailing the car on a 50 degree day. Still working up to letting her drive it on the street...LOL, for now we go to the Metro Park for a closed course.

GeeTee, i love the crescent taillights too, and though the center piece was a Lemans upgrade i think it finishes the Fluted look of the console nicely to pull the whole thing together, and the license plate surrounds match.
That's very cool! My daughter still hangs with ol' dad too. Cruising, snowmobiling, boating, camping etc.......
"She" brought up about going to the World of Wheels car show again this year. Bro and his daughter ended up coming down to go sledding. She was very bummed about the car show, still enjoyed sledding........ Some parents can't wait until the kids leave the house. I've been told, "just wait". Well, I can wait. I know already, I'm going to be bummed.......

Yeah Ruk, spring is taking it's sweet old time this year. Just got an e-mail, they cancelled today's HS softball game. C'mon, shovel out the bases and they should be good to go...:willy:

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LMAO, yeah Green, them going off to college was when i built the car, knew i needed a hobby to fill some of the time and keep me busy (SANE) in the winter. We were always the house them and their friends hung out at so i usually had 3-5 kids around at any given moment. Me and her go to concerts all the time, she absconded with all my old AC/DC, Sabbath and Rush cd's by the time she was 12, and was headbanging since her car seat days. Every time the Chili Peppers came to town she would beg me to take her from age 10, held her off till 15 and we have seen them twice, last year we got backstage and she met Anthony the singer. She is a Com Major and is planning on going into the recording industry. OHHHHHH how the time flies!!!

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SHHHHHHHH!!!!! don't say grandkids until they get jobs and i don't have to pay for them.

Thanks Trucks, its never been apart or wrecked, just an in garage body on freshening up, new 473 , paint and new Interior, still have every part it rolled off the line with and 90% of the trim on it is still original. 600+ Pics in Photobucket of the whole process.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts