Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my first ever Dyno run today and probably did it all wrong but let me explain how I did it and for my reasoning behind it....

I drove in the blistering heat today from NY to CT. Should have been a 45 min drive but with it being Friday and NY, it took 1.5 hrs. Anyway got to PRUVEN PERFORMANCE in Milford, CT (who specialize in Mitsubishi Evo's) and had my buddy upgrade his Evo 8 25WHP just by flash programming. Took his stock up to 246WHP, nothing else changed.
After mine had been sitting in the sun, I decided to get a base line run before I stick my Lingenfelter CAI and MAF and Loudmouth Exhaust.
I have read a few posts and most of them say about doing the Dyno in cool weather etc etc and letting the car cool down before doing the runs. I understand this logic but on days like today, the car is performing the way it performs on hot days. I accept that the car WILL give higher RWHP in cooler weather but my thought is that this Dyno reading is WORST CASE.
So after 3 readings with about 15 mins in etween each reading, I got a baseline average of 291 RWHP. Mileage is 10,500.
When I add all of the extras, no matter what temp or humidity it is, it's never going to be as bad as todays heat or humidity in NY (or CT).
The Dyno was a DynoJet and now I understand what all you guys talk about when discussing Dyno Speak
:lol:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Not bad for a heat soaked car. Do you have your fuel rail covers off? If not, remove them before your next dyno run, it'll help with the heat. Any chance you can post your dyno sheets? Good luck with your mods! :cheers

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Any chance you can either photo or describe the fuel covers as I have no clue where they are. Should I take them off permanently or just for the test?
I will set up my scanner and post my Dyno runs today.

·
Registered
937 Posts
asteng88 said:
Hi, Any chance you can either photo or describe the fuel covers as I have no clue where they are. Should I take them off permanently or just for the test?
I will set up my scanner and post my Dyno runs today.
They are the big silver plastic covers that read "GTO". They are just shrouds for decoration to hide some of the less attractive parts bolted onto the valve covers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.